Manuscript (Case [Issue]22189) UI - Display of fonts in packages pane of System Browser is still broken two years later.

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Manuscript (Case [Issue]22189) UI - Display of fonts in packages pane of System Browser is still broken two years later.

Pharo Issue Tracker
Manuscript Notification
Bug in Project:  UI: 1. Pharo Image  •  You are subscribed to this case
Sven, is there anyway to get the font-problems fixed quickly? There is no elasticity in the pane geometries. Maybe a web-based GUI for Pharo is the way to go--so that font size changes actually work with no hassle. Otherwise, every little thing needs to be tweaked if you need to use say Fira Code medium at 16 to 18 pixels.

If not, I will need to return to VW. I'm not getting anything accomplished, even though I still think Pharo is very cool, and want to continue using it.

I see references to a 40% speed-up over VW with Cog, with 5x speed-up projected for SISTA. Can you point me to an actual benchmark that demonstrates this?

I like your Zinc WebSocket framework, which on the client side seems much more complete than VW's WebSocketApp demo (which looks rather minimal and unfinished). Do you know whether it has been ported to VW? Your WebSocket implementation was my main reason for trying Pharo again.

(Is there a way to message you directly?)
Priority Priority: 5 – Fix If Time Status Status: Work Needed
Assigned To Assigned to: Everyone Milestone Milestone: Later

Go to Case
No longer need updates? Unsubscribe from this case.

Don't want Manuscript notifications anymore? Update your preferences.

Manuscript