May I please be added as a contributor to the KevinLanvin/MaterialDesignLite repo on Sthub?

May I please be added as a contributor to the KevinLanvin/MaterialDesignLite repo on Sthub?

Paul DeBruicker

Re: May I please be added as a contributor to the KevinLanvin/MaterialDesignLite repo on Sthub?

CyrilFerlicot
On 05/11/2016 19:19, PAUL DEBRUICKER wrote:
> This one:  http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~KevinLanvin/MaterialDesignLite/
>

> my username is pdebruic

Hi Paul,

This repository is not the official repository of MDL anymore. The new
one is here: https://github.com/DuneSt/MaterialDesignLite

You will see that there are still activities on the old one, this is
because some people use it on Pharo 4 where we cannot load metadataless
projects. But all the development in Smalltalkhub will be port to github
after a little cleaning. (And when I will have time of course).

If you do not wish to contribute on github since the tools are not
finished I we have to hope that Kevin will see your mail and add you. If
you are added I will take care of porting your contributions to github.

--
Cyril Ferlicot

http://www.synectique.eu

2 rue Jacques Prévert 01,
59650 Villeneuve d'ascq France

Re: May I please be added as a contributor to the KevinLanvin/MaterialDesignLite repo on Sthub?

Paul DeBruicker
Thanks Cyril.

Maybe if Kevin sees this he can add a note pointing people to the github repo too

CyrilFerlicot wrote
On 05/11/2016 19:19, PAUL DEBRUICKER wrote:
> This one:  http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~KevinLanvin/MaterialDesignLite/
>

> my username is pdebruic

Hi Paul,

This repository is not the official repository of MDL anymore. The new
one is here: https://github.com/DuneSt/MaterialDesignLite

You will see that there are still activities on the old one, this is
because some people use it on Pharo 4 where we cannot load metadataless
projects. But all the development in Smalltalkhub will be port to github
after a little cleaning. (And when I will have time of course).

If you do not wish to contribute on github since the tools are not
finished I we have to hope that Kevin will see your mail and add you. If
you are added I will take care of porting your contributions to github.

--
Cyril Ferlicot

http://www.synectique.eu

2 rue Jacques Prévert 01,
59650 Villeneuve d'ascq France

signature.asc (817 bytes) <http://forum.world.st/attachment/4921797/0/signature.asc>

Re: May I please be added as a contributor to the KevinLanvin/MaterialDesignLite repo on Sthub?

stepharo
Cyril

I do not think that Kevin is following this list. I strongly suggest
that the repo is moved to one that we can control and let people
contribute.

This project is important and it is important that people can contribute.

Can you create a repo or I can as PharoTeam?

BTW DuneSt looks really strange for a library that will be as important
as twitter bootstrap for Seaside.

so we should take a little bit care about that.

Stef

On 05/11/2016 22:28, stepharo wrote:

> Cyril
>
> I do not think that Kevin is following this list. I strongly suggest
> that the repo is moved to one that we can control and let people
> contribute.
>
> This project is important and it is important that people can contribute.
>
> Can you create a repo or I can as PharoTeam?
>
> BTW DuneSt looks really strange for a library that will be as important
> as twitter bootstrap for Seaside.
>
> so we should take a little bit care about that.
>
> Stef

Hi Stef,

I added Kevin as copy to my previous mail.

The smalltalkhub repository should not be used for development. His
purpose is to let people using Pharo 4 be able to load the code because
Pharo 4 cannot load metadataless projects.

From Pharo 5 only the github one should be used. This decision was taken
to let everyone contribute freely via pull requests as did Philippe Back
and now Pierre. We also want to be able to use the branch system to be
able to develop and do hotfix without problem which is hard on
smalltalkhub. We will also be able to use the issue tracker to make
contributions easier.

DuneSt is not the name of a project but an organization where people can
put projects related to seaside. We added a project to use ChartJs and a
code displayer inside this organization as-well.

--
Cyril Ferlicot

http://www.synectique.eu

2 rue Jacques Prévert 01,
59650 Villeneuve d'ascq France

Re: May I please be added as a contributor to the KevinLanvin/MaterialDesignLite repo on Sthub?

EstebanLM

On 5 Nov 2016, at 22:28, stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:

I do not think that Kevin is following this list. I strongly suggest that the repo is moved to one that we can control and let people contribute.

AFAIK this is the case:

is the one we use (at least, this is the one I forked to add stuff… which I will submit back as PR next week :P)

Esteban