Media support for all platforms

Bert Freudenberg

There's a new group trying to make GStreamer work easily on all platforms:

        http://gstreamer.com/

That might be good opportunity to get more out of John's GStreamer plugin :)

So far the plugin has been pretty much Linux-only. John got it to work on OSX while developing, but that never went "into production".

There are two open-source companies behind this, Fluendo and Collabora. I know some folks at Collabora because they are also behind the OLPC project's networking architecture. Good guys. They promise this will be a staple API. Sounds good all around to me ...

- Bert -

Re: Media support for all platforms

Andreas.Raab

Color me impressed. This looks pretty good at first glance.

Cheers,
  - Andreas

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 11:09:02 +0200
Von: Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]>
An: Squeak Virtual Machine Development Discussion <[hidden email]>
CC: The general-purpose Squeak developers list <[hidden email]>
Betreff: [Vm-dev] Media support for all platforms

There's a new group trying to make GStreamer work easily on all platforms:

http://gstreamer.com/

That might be good opportunity to get more out of John's GStreamer plugin :)

So far the plugin has been pretty much Linux-only. John got it to work on OSX while developing, but that never went "into production".

There are two open-source companies behind this, Fluendo and Collabora. I know some folks at Collabora because they are also behind the OLPC project's networking architecture. Good guys. They promise this will be a staple API. Sounds good all around to me ...

- Bert -

Re: Media support for all platforms

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Bert Freudenberg wrote
There's a new group trying to make GStreamer work easily on all platforms:
Cool!

The license is not MIT (http://docs.gstreamer.com/display/GstSDK/Legal+information). How would that effect us? Especially with Igor's new method to build and distribute libs with the VM...
Cheers,
Sean