Memory usage of stoned

GLASS mailing list

I have noticed, that my stoned daemon is taking much more memory over the time. Starting from 5GB its memory size increases up to 16GB - and the Linux system goes out of memory and terminates.

I looked at the stat monitor collected data and noticed, that the parameter MaxImageSize, ImageKByte is going up over the time ... also MaxRSS.

Any idea, how to handle this

Re: Memory usage of stoned

GLASS mailing list
Hi Marten,

My suspicion is that it isn’t really the Stone but the Shared Page Cache (SPC) that is excessive. It will show in stoned (and others) since the memory is shared. What is your RAM size? What is your SPC size? What does statmonitor show about SPC size? Are there any other processes that also have a growth in the same parameters (ImageKSize, etc)?

James

On Jul 5, 2018, at 2:25 AM, Marten Feldtmann via Glass <[hidden email]> wrote:

I have noticed, that my stoned daemon is taking much more memory over the time. Starting from 5GB its memory size increases up to 16GB - and the Linux system goes out of memory and terminates.

I looked at the stat monitor collected data and noticed, that the parameter MaxImageSize, ImageKByte is going up over the time ... also MaxRSS.

Any idea, how to handle this

Re: Memory usage of stoned

GLASS mailing list

I was able to get rid of this problem by using the following option entry in my stone config file:

STN_COMMIT_RECORD_BM_CACHING = FALSE;

(BugReport 47646 - supposed to be fixed in 3.4.2)

Thanks to support to give e a fast hint where to look at ...

James Foster <[hidden email]> hat am 5. Juli 2018 um 16:30 geschrieben: