Menu builder framework [WAS] Question about HostMenuSystem

Menu builder framework [WAS] Question about HostMenuSystem

Mariano Martinez Peck

I removed them when they where broken. We should enable them again:

> Maybe there is a problem with the Smalltalk startUpList ? I know it has been changed in previous updates.

so if you remove this strange all=error swallowing wrappter in HostSystemMenus>>#startUp:

[self setDefaultMenuProxyClass] ifError: [:err :rcvr | ].

you will get a DNU at image startup that shows that we need to fix the menu building code as it used
the world menu. It should build it's menu using the menu builder framework.

Hi Marcus. I would like to make it work. But I have no idea how to do it. What's that menu builder framework ? is there a documentation somewhere ? who did it ?  there is someone to help me with this ?

Thanks

Mariano

       Marcus

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

Re: Menu builder framework [WAS] Question about HostMenuSystem

Alain Plantec-4
Mariano Martinez Peck a écrit :

>     I removed them when they where broken. We should enable them again:
>
>     http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=1876
>
>     > Maybe there is a problem with the Smalltalk startUpList ? I know
>     it has been changed in previous updates.
>     >
>
>     so if you remove this strange all=error swallowing wrappter in
>     HostSystemMenus>>#startUp:
>
>     [self setDefaultMenuProxyClass] ifError: [:err :rcvr | ].
>

>     you will get a DNU at image startup that shows that we need to fix
>     the menu building code as it used
>     the world menu. It should build it's menu using the menu builder
>     framework.
>

> Hi Marcus. I would like to make it work. But I have no idea how to do
> it. What's that menu builder framework ? is there a documentation
> somewhere ? who did it ?  there is someone to help me with this ?
Hi Mariano, all
I think it is the pragma based menu framework I've implemented.
well, no documentation for now, sorry :(
but I will help as much as I can :)
Can you recall me what is the class/method to look at ?
Alain

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 4:26 PM, Alain Plantec <[hidden email]> wrote:
Mariano Martinez Peck a écrit :

   I removed them when they where broken. We should enable them again:

   > Maybe there is a problem with the Smalltalk startUpList ? I know
   it has been changed in previous updates.

   so if you remove this strange all=error swallowing wrappter in
   HostSystemMenus>>#startUp:

   [self setDefaultMenuProxyClass] ifError: [:err :rcvr | ].

   you will get a DNU at image startup that shows that we need to fix
   the menu building code as it used
   the world menu. It should build it's menu using the menu builder
   framework.

Hi Marcus. I would like to make it work. But I have no idea how to do it. What's that menu builder framework ? is there a documentation somewhere ? who did it ?  there is someone to help me with this ?
Hi Mariano, all
I think it is the pragma based menu framework I've implemented.

ahhahaha I didn't want to say it, but I was almost sure ;)

well, no documentation for now, sorry :(

No problem!!! no stress as Stef says.

but I will help as much as I can :)

:)

Can you recall me what is the class/method to look at ?

The HostMenuSystem was "removed" because of the bug of the double copy paste. If you look at    HostSystemMenus class >> #startUp:

you will see this line:

[self setDefaultMenuProxyClass] ifError: [:err :rcvr | ].

So, basically, what it does, is catching all the errors and doing nothing ;)

What you have to do is to save that method in this way:

self setDefaultMenuProxyClass.

Then, save the image. And start it again. When it starts, a beautiful debugger will appear :)

Thanks!

Mariano

Alain

Thanks