MenuWidget whats it for?

keith1y
Hi Lukas (or anyone)
,

I have just tried out the PRMenuWidget, but I dont get what it is for.
Why cant you simply embed any page where you want a menu.

Keith

Re: MenuWidget whats it for?

keith1y
Keith Hodges wrote:
> Hi Lukas (or anyone)
> ,
>
> I have just tried out the PRMenuWidget, but I dont get what it is for.
> Why cant you simply embed any page where you want a menu.
>
> Keith

Ah ok, I get it, its supposed to highlight a link, but only if the
current page is a sub page.
I tend to have my layout components in a separate tree from my content,
so it wasn't showing up.

Keith

Re: MenuWidget whats it for?

keith1y
Keith Hodges wrote:

> Keith Hodges wrote:
>
>> Hi Lukas (or anyone)
>> ,
>>
>> I have just tried out the PRMenuWidget, but I dont get what it is for.
>> Why cant you simply embed any page where you want a menu.
>>
>> Keith
>>

> Ah ok, I get it, its supposed to highlight a link, but only if the
> current page is a sub page.
> I tend to have my layout components in a separate tree from my content,
> so it wasn't showing up.
>
> Keith

ok, so it helps if you have a style set for 'active'

Great I get it now!

I am so pleased with PRMenuWidget I might even write a class comment

Keith

Re: MenuWidget whats it for?

Tudor Girba-3
I am happy you like it.

Seeing your thought process was also quite revealing.

Cheers,
Doru

On 9 Mar 2009, at 00:45, Keith Hodges wrote:

> Keith Hodges wrote:
>> Keith Hodges wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Lukas (or anyone)
>>> ,
>>>
>>> I have just tried out the PRMenuWidget, but I dont get what it is
>>> for.
>>> Why cant you simply embed any page where you want a menu.
>>>
>>> Keith
>>>

>> Ah ok, I get it, its supposed to highlight a link, but only if the
>> current page is a sub page.
>> I tend to have my layout components in a separate tree from my
>> content,
>> so it wasn't showing up.
>>
>> Keith
>>
> ok, so it helps if you have a style set for 'active'
>
> Great I get it now!
>
> I am so pleased with PRMenuWidget I might even write a class comment
>
> Keith

www.tudorgirba.com

"The coherence of a trip is given by the clearness of the goal."

Re: MenuWidget whats it for?

keith1y
Tudor Girba wrote:
> I am happy you like it.
>
> Seeing your thought process was also quite revealing.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
This thought process is an all too common one for me. I have a little
mantra which I coined which says, "if it isn't documented it may as well
not exist".

See how ruby came on the map when the pickaxe book came out.

btw: I am proposing a new convention for documentation of packages in a
repository, see http://www.squeaksource.com/Jetsam for the package
Client-Packages

This is the Sake/Packages equivalent of a Pier-All in which
descriptions, dependencies, comments and feedback may be collated.

Keith