classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Menus of Moose - PackageGroup menu

jannik laval
Hi,

I am trying menus in Moose 4.6. I loaded Moose from MooseScript (method createModelForMoose). And I tried all command in menus.
Here are my comments:

On a PackageGroup, some commands are strange or does not work:
- utilities
        - bookmark entity: it does not update the glamour browser and we should close and reopen the browser to see bookmarked entities. It also changes the name of my group... which is not the behavior that I want.
        - createLoadScriptForGroup: I tried with a new class name, the class is not created. When I use MooseScripts, I have a DNU because of UIManager
- visualize:
        - browse package blueprint: DNU
        - customizable eyesee chart: should have a progress bar when the computing is slow.
        - Dependencies (cycles): seems not working (loop ?)
        - distributionMap for these elements: I just did "next", "finish" without configuring anything, I have a DNU
        - distributionMap for these parts: I have a SubscriptOutOfBounds.
        - export GML graph: I want to specify the place of the file
        - package wise system complexity: Zero Divide
        - encaps DSM: the name are not well placed
        - enriched cycleTable: should have a progress bar
        - enriched dsm too.

Jannik

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Menus of Moose - PackageGroup menu

simondenier

On 28 juin 2011, at 17:04, jannik.laval wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying menus in Moose 4.6. I loaded Moose from MooseScript (method createModelForMoose). And I tried all command in menus.
> Here are my comments:

Isn't there a test supposed to do that? Or does it just work on MooseModel menu?

>
> On a PackageGroup, some commands are strange or does not work:
> - utilities
> - bookmark entity: it does not update the glamour browser and we should close and reopen the browser to see bookmarked entities. It also changes the name of my group... which is not the behavior that I want.

old stuff to remove? I think there is a new bookmark mechanism (with metanool?). If only I knew where it was...

> - createLoadScriptForGroup: I tried with a new class name, the class is not created. When I use MooseScripts, I have a DNU because of UIManager

The script does not handle class creation -> bug if you want.

> - visualize:
> - browse package blueprint: DNU

that's bad (package blueprints are still lacking tests).
#menuItems: does not exist in Mondrian anymore. (maybe a deprecated would have been good?) What's the replacement?

> - customizable eyesee chart: should have a progress bar when the computing is slow.
> - Dependencies (cycles): seems not working (loop ?)

MODominanceTreeLayout does not scale. Viz can be removed if necessary but it's a simple viz yet it shows how to combine multiple things (famix, graph, mondrian) --> good for demo/tutorial

> - distributionMap for these elements: I just did "next", "finish" without configuring anything, I have a DNU

You have to think a bit about what the distribution map is supposed to show and make sensible choices. Default choices may not work since they are computed from the metamodel without regards.

--> Maybe the wizard should be configurable with default (sensible) choices so that you don't get the DNU.

> - distributionMap for these parts: I have a SubscriptOutOfBounds.

bug

> - export GML graph: I want to specify the place of the file
> - package wise system complexity: Zero Divide

bug

> - encaps DSM: the name are not well placed
> - enriched cycleTable: should have a progress bar
> - enriched dsm too.
>
> Jannik
>
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Moose-dev mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://www.iam.unibe.ch/mailman/listinfo/moose-dev

--
Simon Denier

Reply | Threaded
|

jannik laval

On Jun 28, 2011, at 17:40 , Simon Denier wrote:

>
> On 28 juin 2011, at 17:04, jannik.laval wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am trying menus in Moose 4.6. I loaded Moose from MooseScript (method createModelForMoose). And I tried all command in menus.
>> Here are my comments:
>
>
> Isn't there a test supposed to do that? Or does it just work on MooseModel menu?

I think we should write a test that take all entries in menus and run them.

>
>
>>
>> On a PackageGroup, some commands are strange or does not work:
>> - utilities
>> - bookmark entity: it does not update the glamour browser and we should close and reopen the browser to see bookmarked entities. It also changes the name of my group... which is not the behavior that I want.
>
> old stuff to remove? I think there is a new bookmark mechanism (with metanool?). If only I knew where it was...

Ok, I open a bug entry.

>
>> - createLoadScriptForGroup: I tried with a new class name, the class is not created. When I use MooseScripts, I have a DNU because of UIManager
>
>
> The script does not handle class creation -> bug if you want.

Ok, so: or we ask for a class name, and we create it, or we do not ask... or maybe we can provide a list with existing classes.

>
>
>> - visualize:
>> - browse package blueprint: DNU
>
> that's bad (package blueprints are still lacking tests).
> #menuItems: does not exist in Mondrian anymore. (maybe a deprecated would have been good?) What's the replacement?
>
>> - customizable eyesee chart: should have a progress bar when the computing is slow.
>> - Dependencies (cycles): seems not working (loop ?)
>
> MODominanceTreeLayout does not scale. Viz can be removed if necessary but it's a simple viz yet it shows how to combine multiple things (famix, graph, mondrian) --> good for demo/tutorial

The time to run it is exponential...
We should profile that or have a message before the script asking the user if he is sure.

>
>> - distributionMap for these elements: I just did "next", "finish" without configuring anything, I have a DNU
>
> You have to think a bit about what the distribution map is supposed to show and make sensible choices. Default choices may not work since they are computed from the metamodel without regards.
>
> --> Maybe the wizard should be configurable with default (sensible) choices so that you don't get the DNU.

During the test of the menu, I tried what a new user can do to see if Moose is cool.
Default choice have to work.

Jannik

Reply | Threaded
|

abergel
>> Isn't there a test supposed to do that? Or does it just work on MooseModel menu?
>
> I think we should write a test that take all entries in menus and run them.

Jannik, I wrote such tests some times ago. For example:
MooseFinderTest>>testMenuEntriesForClasses
        self assertAllActionsOf: model allModelClasses

MooseFinderTest>>testMenuEntriesForMethods
        self assertAllActionsOf: model allMethods

Cheers,
Alexandre

>
>>
>>
>>>
>>> On a PackageGroup, some commands are strange or does not work:
>>> - utilities
>>> - bookmark entity: it does not update the glamour browser and we should close and reopen the browser to see bookmarked entities. It also changes the name of my group... which is not the behavior that I want.
>>
>> old stuff to remove? I think there is a new bookmark mechanism (with metanool?). If only I knew where it was...
>
> Ok, I open a bug entry.
>
>>
>>> - createLoadScriptForGroup: I tried with a new class name, the class is not created. When I use MooseScripts, I have a DNU because of UIManager
>>
>>
>> The script does not handle class creation -> bug if you want.
>
> Ok, so: or we ask for a class name, and we create it, or we do not ask... or maybe we can provide a list with existing classes.
>
>>
>>
>>> - visualize:
>>> - browse package blueprint: DNU
>>
>> that's bad (package blueprints are still lacking tests).
>> #menuItems: does not exist in Mondrian anymore. (maybe a deprecated would have been good?) What's the replacement?
>>
>>> - customizable eyesee chart: should have a progress bar when the computing is slow.
>>> - Dependencies (cycles): seems not working (loop ?)
>>
>> MODominanceTreeLayout does not scale. Viz can be removed if necessary but it's a simple viz yet it shows how to combine multiple things (famix, graph, mondrian) --> good for demo/tutorial
>
> The time to run it is exponential...
> We should profile that or have a message before the script asking the user if he is sure.
>
>>
>>> - distributionMap for these elements: I just did "next", "finish" without configuring anything, I have a DNU
>>
>> You have to think a bit about what the distribution map is supposed to show and make sensible choices. Default choices may not work since they are computed from the metamodel without regards.
>>
>> --> Maybe the wizard should be configurable with default (sensible) choices so that you don't get the DNU.
>
> During the test of the menu, I tried what a new user can do to see if Moose is cool.
> Default choice have to work.
>
> Jannik
>
>
> Moose-dev mailing list
> [hidden email]

--
_,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:
Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu
^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;.

Reply | Threaded
|

Stéphane Ducasse
In reply to this post by jannik laval
good idea

On Jun 29, 2011, at 9:04 AM, jannik.laval wrote:

>
> On Jun 28, 2011, at 17:40 , Simon Denier wrote:
>
>>
>> On 28 juin 2011, at 17:04, jannik.laval wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am trying menus in Moose 4.6. I loaded Moose from MooseScript (method createModelForMoose). And I tried all command in menus.
>>> Here are my comments:
>>
>>
>> Isn't there a test supposed to do that? Or does it just work on MooseModel menu?
>
> I think we should write a test that take all entries in menus and run them.
>
>>
>>
>>>
>>> On a PackageGroup, some commands are strange or does not work:
>>> - utilities
>>> - bookmark entity: it does not update the glamour browser and we should close and reopen the browser to see bookmarked entities. It also changes the name of my group... which is not the behavior that I want.
>>
>> old stuff to remove? I think there is a new bookmark mechanism (with metanool?). If only I knew where it was...
>
> Ok, I open a bug entry.
>
>>
>>> - createLoadScriptForGroup: I tried with a new class name, the class is not created. When I use MooseScripts, I have a DNU because of UIManager
>>
>>
>> The script does not handle class creation -> bug if you want.
>
> Ok, so: or we ask for a class name, and we create it, or we do not ask... or maybe we can provide a list with existing classes.
>
>>
>>
>>> - visualize:
>>> - browse package blueprint: DNU
>>
>> that's bad (package blueprints are still lacking tests).
>> #menuItems: does not exist in Mondrian anymore. (maybe a deprecated would have been good?) What's the replacement?
>>
>>> - customizable eyesee chart: should have a progress bar when the computing is slow.
>>> - Dependencies (cycles): seems not working (loop ?)
>>
>> MODominanceTreeLayout does not scale. Viz can be removed if necessary but it's a simple viz yet it shows how to combine multiple things (famix, graph, mondrian) --> good for demo/tutorial
>
> The time to run it is exponential...
> We should profile that or have a message before the script asking the user if he is sure.
>
>>
>>> - distributionMap for these elements: I just did "next", "finish" without configuring anything, I have a DNU
>>
>> You have to think a bit about what the distribution map is supposed to show and make sensible choices. Default choices may not work since they are computed from the metamodel without regards.
>>
>> --> Maybe the wizard should be configurable with default (sensible) choices so that you don't get the DNU.
>
> During the test of the menu, I tried what a new user can do to see if Moose is cool.
> Default choice have to work.
>
> Jannik
>
>
> Moose-dev mailing list
> [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
|

Tudor Girba-2
Like Alex said, there are tests for this. It was these tests that broke when run headless on the server for so long, and that I asked for help to fix :).

The tests are in MooseFinderTest and in subclasses.

But, indeed, there is no test for the MooseModel.

Cheers,
Doru

On 29 Jun 2011, at 17:19, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> good idea
>
> On Jun 29, 2011, at 9:04 AM, jannik.laval wrote:
>
>>
>> On Jun 28, 2011, at 17:40 , Simon Denier wrote:
>>
>>>
>>> On 28 juin 2011, at 17:04, jannik.laval wrote:
>>>
>>>> Hi,
>>>>
>>>> I am trying menus in Moose 4.6. I loaded Moose from MooseScript (method createModelForMoose). And I tried all command in menus.
>>>> Here are my comments:
>>>
>>>
>>> Isn't there a test supposed to do that? Or does it just work on MooseModel menu?
>>
>> I think we should write a test that take all entries in menus and run them.
>>
>>>
>>>
>>>>
>>>> On a PackageGroup, some commands are strange or does not work:
>>>> - utilities
>>>> - bookmark entity: it does not update the glamour browser and we should close and reopen the browser to see bookmarked entities. It also changes the name of my group... which is not the behavior that I want.
>>>
>>> old stuff to remove? I think there is a new bookmark mechanism (with metanool?). If only I knew where it was...
>>
>> Ok, I open a bug entry.
>>
>>>
>>>> - createLoadScriptForGroup: I tried with a new class name, the class is not created. When I use MooseScripts, I have a DNU because of UIManager
>>>
>>>
>>> The script does not handle class creation -> bug if you want.
>>
>> Ok, so: or we ask for a class name, and we create it, or we do not ask... or maybe we can provide a list with existing classes.
>>
>>>
>>>
>>>> - visualize:
>>>> - browse package blueprint: DNU
>>>
>>> that's bad (package blueprints are still lacking tests).
>>> #menuItems: does not exist in Mondrian anymore. (maybe a deprecated would have been good?) What's the replacement?
>>>
>>>> - customizable eyesee chart: should have a progress bar when the computing is slow.
>>>> - Dependencies (cycles): seems not working (loop ?)
>>>
>>> MODominanceTreeLayout does not scale. Viz can be removed if necessary but it's a simple viz yet it shows how to combine multiple things (famix, graph, mondrian) --> good for demo/tutorial
>>
>> The time to run it is exponential...
>> We should profile that or have a message before the script asking the user if he is sure.
>>
>>>
>>>> - distributionMap for these elements: I just did "next", "finish" without configuring anything, I have a DNU
>>>
>>> You have to think a bit about what the distribution map is supposed to show and make sensible choices. Default choices may not work since they are computed from the metamodel without regards.
>>>
>>> --> Maybe the wizard should be configurable with default (sensible) choices so that you don't get the DNU.
>>
>> During the test of the menu, I tried what a new user can do to see if Moose is cool.
>> Default choice have to work.
>>
>> Jannik
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Moose-dev mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> https://www.iam.unibe.ch/mailman/listinfo/moose-dev
>
>