Merchant code

Miguel Cobá
Is there any code for interacting with gateways with a merchant
account in smalltalk?

I have seen the PayPal project on squeaksource from Avi, but it is
very specific.

Someone knows about something?

Thanks,
Miguel Cobá

Re: Merchant code

John McKeon
I wrote a Paypal add-on for Pier. Check the addon repository if you would like to download it. It uses property accessors for al the PayPal values so they can be editied as settings. I also did it that in the hopes that the paypal item definition could be adaptable to an arbitrary domain model "item". Maybe it could point one way to do it.

Warm regards
John McKeon

2009/3/19 John McKeon <[hidden email]>:
> I wrote a Paypal add-on for Pier. Check the addon repository if you would
> like to download it. It uses property accessors for al the PayPal values so
> they can be editied as settings. I also did it that in the hopes that the
> paypal item definition could be adaptable to an arbitrary domain model
> "item". Maybe it could point one way to do it.

Great, I will check it right now to get ideas,

thanks
Miguel Cobá

> Warm regards
> John McKeon
>

> On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 6:56 PM, Miguel Cobá <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Is there any code for interacting with gateways with a merchant
>> account in smalltalk?
>>
>> I have seen the PayPal project on squeaksource from Avi, but it is
>> very specific.
>>
>> Someone knows about something?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Miguel Cobá

Re: Merchant code

John McKeon

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 7:48 PM, Miguel Cobá <[hidden email]> wrote:
2009/3/19 John McKeon <[hidden email]>:
> I wrote a Paypal add-on for Pier. Check the addon repository if you would
> like to download it. It uses property accessors for al the PayPal values so
> they can be editied as settings. I also did it that in the hopes that the
> paypal item definition could be adaptable to an arbitrary domain model
> "item". Maybe it could point one way to do it.

Great, I will check it right now to get ideas,

I went through my code again last night and removed alot of superfluous stuff. So you may want to update it.
Also, strictly speaking, property accessors are not necessary to make a description be a setting,

Warm Regards
John

thanks
Miguel Cobá

> Warm regards
> John McKeon
>

> On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 6:56 PM, Miguel Cobá <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Is there any code for interacting with gateways with a merchant
>> account in smalltalk?
>>
>> I have seen the PayPal project on squeaksource from Avi, but it is
>> very specific.
>>
>> Someone knows about something?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Miguel Cobá

Re: Merchant code

Miguel Cobá
2009/3/20 John McKeon <[hidden email]>:

> On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 7:48 PM, Miguel Cobá <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> 2009/3/19 John McKeon <[hidden email]>:
>> > I wrote a Paypal add-on for Pier. Check the addon repository if you
>> > would
>> > like to download it. It uses property accessors for al the PayPal values
>> > so
>> > they can be editied as settings. I also did it that in the hopes that
>> > the
>> > paypal item definition could be adaptable to an arbitrary domain model
>> > "item". Maybe it could point one way to do it.
>>
>> Great, I will check it right now to get ideas,
>
> I went through my code again last night and removed alot of superfluous
> stuff. So you may want to update it.
> Also, strictly speaking, property accessors are not necessary to make a
> description be a setting,

Updated, thanks

Miguel Cobá