Merge button missing in MergeBrowser ?

Karl Ramberg
Anybody else seen this issue?
Merge button not present so I can't merge in changes :-(

Best,
Karl

merge.PNG (28K) Download Attachment

Re: Merge button missing in MergeBrowser ?

marcel.taeumel
Karl Ramberg wrote
Anybody else seen this issue?
Merge button not present so I can't merge in changes :-(

Best,
Karl

merge.PNG (28K) <http://forum.world.st/attachment/4909328/0/merge.PNG>
o.O I can see the merge button on that screenshot, at least the letters "merge" ;-) You cannot merge until you resolve the conflicts. Then the merge button will be enabled again.

Best,
Marcel

Re: Merge button missing in MergeBrowser ?

marcel.taeumel
Karl Ramberg wrote
Anybody else seen this issue?
Merge button not present so I can't merge in changes :-(

Best,
Karl

merge.PNG (28K) <http://forum.world.st/attachment/4909328/0/merge.PNG>
Anyway, thanks for the pointer. :-)
http://forum.world.st/The-Trunk-ToolBuilder-Morphic-mt-178-mcz-td4909393.html

Best,
Marcel

Re: Merge button missing in MergeBrowser ?

Karl Ramberg
Button did not activate when I did the right actions either, so I guess something was seriously wrong.

Hopefully you fixed that :-)

Best,
Karl

On Wed, Aug 3, 2016 at 2:24 PM, marcel.taeumel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Karl Ramberg wrote
> Anybody else seen this issue?
> Merge button not present so I can't merge in changes :-(
>
> Best,
> Karl
>

> merge.PNG (28K)
> &lt;http://forum.world.st/attachment/4909328/0/merge.PNG&gt;

Anyway, thanks for the pointer. :-)
http://forum.world.st/The-Trunk-ToolBuilder-Morphic-mt-178-mcz-td4909393.html

Best,
Marcel

Re: Merge button missing in MergeBrowser ?

Levente Uzonyi
I had the same issue after the theme updates. I tried to work it around by
evaluating the button's action manually, but that didn't work out. The
changes were not merged. Finally, I decided to load the new package and
reverted what I wanted to keep. Since then merging has started to work
again.

Levente

On Wed, 3 Aug 2016, karl ramberg wrote:

> Button did not activate when I did the right actions either, so I guess something was seriously wrong.
> Hopefully you fixed that :-)
>
> Best,
> Karl
>
> On Wed, Aug 3, 2016 at 2:24 PM, marcel.taeumel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>       Karl Ramberg wrote
>       > Anybody else seen this issue?
>       > Merge button not present so I can't merge in changes :-(
>       >
>       > Best,
>       > Karl
>       >
>       >
>       >
>       >
> > merge.PNG (28K)
> > &lt;http://forum.world.st/attachment/4909328/0/merge.PNG&gt;
>
> Anyway, thanks for the pointer. :-)
> http://forum.world.st/The-Trunk-ToolBuilder-Morphic-mt-178-mcz-td4909393.html
>
> Best,
> Marcel

Re: Merge button missing in MergeBrowser ?

marcel.taeumel
Levente Uzonyi wrote
I had the same issue after the theme updates. I tried to work it around by
evaluating the button's action manually, but that didn't work out. The
changes were not merged. Finally, I decided to load the new package and
reverted what I wanted to keep. Since then merging has started to work
again.

Levente

On Wed, 3 Aug 2016, karl ramberg wrote:

> Button did not activate when I did the right actions either, so I guess something was seriously wrong.
> Hopefully you fixed that :-)
>
> Best,
> Karl
>
> On Wed, Aug 3, 2016 at 2:24 PM, marcel.taeumel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>       Karl Ramberg wrote
>       > Anybody else seen this issue?
>       > Merge button not present so I can't merge in changes :-(
>       >
>       > Best,
>       > Karl
>       >
>       >
>       >
>       >
> > merge.PNG (28K)
> > <http://forum.world.st/attachment/4909328/0/merge.PNG>
>
> Anyway, thanks for the pointer. :-)
> http://forum.world.st/The-Trunk-ToolBuilder-Morphic-mt-178-mcz-td4909393.html
>
> Best,
> Marcel

I noticed that tools provide the #enabled selector but omit to send notifications if that state changes. Yes, I cleaned-up some mess in PluggableButtonMorph, which not reveal that the tools omit to communite their state updates to the buttons correctly.

Let's find them all. ;-) Here: I am looking the the places is MCMergeBrowser to send "self changed: #canMerge". Shouldn't be that difficult.

Best,
Marcel

Re: Merge button missing in MergeBrowser ?

Karl Ramberg
I saw you did some changes in

When I load that before doing updates I can merge in changes again :-)

Best,
Karl

Levente Uzonyi wrote

http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Monticello-mt.643.mcz

wrote:

> Levente Uzonyi wrote
> > I had the same issue after the theme updates. I tried to work it around
> by
> > evaluating the button's action manually, but that didn't work out. The
> > changes were not merged. Finally, I decided to load the new package and
> > reverted what I wanted to keep. Since then merging has started to work
> > again.
> >
> > Levente
> >
> > On Wed, 3 Aug 2016, karl ramberg wrote:
> >
> >> Button did not activate when I did the right actions either, so I guess
> >> something was seriously wrong.
> >> Hopefully you fixed that :-)
> >>
> >> Best,
> >> Karl
> >>
> >> On Wed, Aug 3, 2016 at 2:24 PM, marcel.taeumel <
>
> > Marcel.Taeumel@
>
> > > wrote:
> >>       Karl Ramberg wrote
> >>       > Anybody else seen this issue?
> >>       > Merge button not present so I can't merge in changes :-(
> >>       >
> >>       > Best,
> >>       > Karl
> >>       >
> >>       >
> >>       >
> >>       >
> >>
> >> Anyway, thanks for the pointer. :-)
> >>
> http://forum.world.st/The-Trunk-ToolBuilder-Morphic-mt-178-mcz-td4909393.html
> >>
> >> Best,
> >> Marcel
> >>

> >> --
> >>

> I noticed that tools provide the #enabled selector but omit to send
> notifications if that state changes. Yes, I cleaned-up some mess in
> PluggableButtonMorph, which not reveal that the tools omit to communite
> their state updates to the buttons correctly.
>
> Let's find them all. ;-) Here: I am looking the the places is
> MCMergeBrowser
> to send "self changed: #canMerge". Shouldn't be that difficult.
>
> Best,
> Marcel

Hi Karl,

yes, that did it. :-)

It's basic ToolBuilder usage here. You configure callbacks via ToolBuilderSpecs and then you have to signal changed data via Object >> #changed: with that same callback selector.

Now, if you set a callback for #enabled: in PluggableButtonSpec, you have to send #changed: as your state changes. The MCMergeBrowse failed to do that for #canMerge.

Best,
Marcel
cbc

Re: Merge button missing in MergeBrowser ?

cbc
Hi.
Could someone with commit ability put a Update into Trunk to make this happen right as soon as possible?  Otherwise, more folks may send out concerns about this (like I did this morning).

Update should just update correctly, if at all possible.  And based on history, it is possible (love the update mechanism as a user).

-cbc