Merging Gutemberg with Pier-Book

Damien Cassou
Hi,

I believe the recently announced Gutemberg project could be merge with Pier-Book. What do you think?

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another without losing enthusiasm."
Winston Churchill

Re: Merging Gutemberg with Pier-Book

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

I do not quite understand what is the difference. I mean Pier-Book already provides the export to Latex.

Could you explain?

Cheers,
Doru

On Mar 6, 2013, at 7:18 PM, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I believe the recently announced Gutemberg project could be merge with Pier-Book. What do you think?
>
> --
> Damien Cassou
> http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st
>
> "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another without losing enthusiasm."
> Winston Churchill

www.tudorgirba.com

"Not knowing how to do something is not an argument for how it cannot be done."

On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 9:39 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
I do not quite understand what is the difference. I mean Pier-Book already provides the export to Latex.

Agree, and Gutemberg depends on this exporter (i.e., GULaTeXWriter depends on BOLaTeXWriter). Some differences:

- Gutemberg provides a notion of style, a class hierarchy that gives the user the possibility to decide about some details of the generated LaTeX (e.g., the header and footer)
- Gutemberg provides HTML generation (with numbering of sections, anchors, references to figures and scripts...)

On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 1:15 PM, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:
- Gutemberg provides a notion of style, a class hierarchy that gives the user the possibility to decide about some details of the generated LaTeX (e.g., the header and footer)
- Gutemberg provides HTML generation (with numbering of sections, anchors, references to figures and scripts...)

- Gutemberg introduces the Script element to the Pier syntax, to indicate that you have a piece of code in a particular language, with a particular label and caption