Merging annotations from two models

Guillaume Larcheveque
Hello,

I have to merge user's annotations (added with Metanool) from two different models (created from sources of the same project at two different time) in order to keep these annotations in the newly generated one.

Does something exist to do that?

Thanks in advance.

--
Guillaume Larcheveque

Re: Merging annotations from two models

Tudor Girba-2
There is no real support for this.

Cheers,
Doru

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 11:42 AM, Guillaume Larcheveque <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I have to merge user's annotations (added with Metanool) from two different models (created from sources of the same project at two different time) in order to keep these annotations in the newly generated one.

Does something exist to do that?

Thanks in advance.

--
Guillaume Larcheveque

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: Merging annotations from two models

Guillaume Larcheveque
Ok,

 thank you for the rapidity of your answer

2013/4/24 Tudor Girba <[hidden email]>
There is no real support for this.

Cheers,
Doru

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 11:42 AM, Guillaume Larcheveque <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I have to merge user's annotations (added with Metanool) from two different models (created from sources of the same project at two different time) in order to keep these annotations in the newly generated one.

Does something exist to do that?

Thanks in advance.

--
Guillaume Larcheveque

"Every thing has its own flow"

Guillaume Larcheveque

Re: Merging annotations from two models

Nicolas Anquetil

not directly related, but I think there is real need for some model matching tool:
Something that could matchentities from one model to the same entities of another model (different version).

It would be useful in your case, but also for example to generate one Orion models from various Famix model (one orion model uses much less memory than several Famix model with the same information).
This again would allow to have more effective dynamix for example.

I have something more or less related in verveinej to merge various parts of one model (so it is easier because it matches copies of the same entities).
Basically I do it by checking the names and recursively matching the containers:
- 2 methods match if they have same signature + their classes match
- 2 classes match if they have same name + their namespaces match
- ...

nicolas

On 04/24/2013 01:05 PM, Guillaume Larcheveque wrote:
Ok,

 thank you for the rapidity of your answer

2013/4/24 Tudor Girba <[hidden email]>
There is no real support for this.

Cheers,
Doru

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 11:42 AM, Guillaume Larcheveque <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I have to merge user's annotations (added with Metanool) from two different models (created from sources of the same project at two different time) in order to keep these annotations in the newly generated one.

Does something exist to do that?

Thanks in advance.

--
Guillaume Larcheveque

"Every thing has its own flow"

Guillaume Larcheveque

Nicolas Anquetil -- RMod research team (Inria)

Re: Merging annotations from two models

stephane ducasse

On Apr 24, 2013, at 1:37 PM, Nicolas Anquetil <[hidden email]> wrote:

not directly related, but I think there is real need for some model matching tool:
Something that could matchentities from one model to the same entities of another model (different version).

Yes
It can be a really starter project for anne for example.