MessageNotUnderstood: RBParser>>initializeParserWith:type:

MessageNotUnderstood: RBParser>>initializeParserWith:type:

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi! I have a problem trying to extract a piece of code to a method.

To reproduce:

1) Select the piece of code to extract
2) Right button ->  "refactor source" -> "extract method"
3) Select a name and press enter.

Then you will raise the exception MessageNotUnderstood: RBParser>>initializeParserWith:type:

I a tested in PharoCore-1.1-11053-ALPHA and pharo1.0-10496-rc1dev09.11.5   (using the default browser).

I opened the bug ticket:  http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=1532

I attach also the full stacktrace.

Cheers

Mariano

Re: MessageNotUnderstood: RBParser>>initializeParserWith:type:

Lukas Renggli
Can you please try to reproduce with OmniBrowser, because this seems
to be related to O2. I use "Extract Method" all the time and it works
for me.

Lukas

2009/12/1 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>:

> Hi! I have a problem trying to extract a piece of code to a method.
>
> To reproduce:
>
> 1) Select the piece of code to extract
> 2) Right button ->  "refactor source" -> "extract method"
> 3) Select a name and press enter.
>
> Then you will raise the exception MessageNotUnderstood:
> RBParser>>initializeParserWith:type:
>
> I a tested in PharoCore-1.1-11053-ALPHA and pharo1.0-10496-rc1dev09.11.5
> (using the default browser).
>
> I opened the bug ticket:
>
> I attach also the full stacktrace.
>
> Cheers
>
> Mariano

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: MessageNotUnderstood: RBParser>>initializeParserWith:type:

Mariano Martinez Peck
I have just tried in OBSystemBrowserAdaptor, O2SystemBrowserAdaptor and O2PackageBrowserAdaptor
and in all of them I have the same problem. I am using a clean image pharo1.0-10496-rc1dev09.11.4   and PharoCore-1.1-11053-ALPHA

:(

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 10:28 PM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
Can you please try to reproduce with OmniBrowser, because this seems
to be related to O2. I use "Extract Method" all the time and it works
for me.

Lukas

2009/12/1 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>:
> Hi! I have a problem trying to extract a piece of code to a method.
>
> To reproduce:
>
> 1) Select the piece of code to extract
> 2) Right button ->  "refactor source" -> "extract method"
> 3) Select a name and press enter.
>
> Then you will raise the exception MessageNotUnderstood:
> RBParser>>initializeParserWith:type:
>
> I a tested in PharoCore-1.1-11053-ALPHA and pharo1.0-10496-rc1dev09.11.5
> (using the default browser).
>
> I opened the bug ticket:
>
> I attach also the full stacktrace.
>
> Cheers
>
> Mariano

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: MessageNotUnderstood: RBParser>>initializeParserWith:type:

Lukas Renggli
Try in an image where no O2 is loaded, because loading O2 changes the
behavior of the other browsers even when O2 is not selected as the
default.

Lukas

2009/12/1 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>:

> I have just tried in OBSystemBrowserAdaptor, O2SystemBrowserAdaptor and
> O2PackageBrowserAdaptor
> and in all of them I have the same problem. I am using a clean image
> pharo1.0-10496-rc1dev09.11.4   and PharoCore-1.1-11053-ALPHA
>
> :(
>
> On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 10:28 PM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Can you please try to reproduce with OmniBrowser, because this seems
>> to be related to O2. I use "Extract Method" all the time and it works
>> for me.
>>
>> Lukas
>>
>> 2009/12/1 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>:
>> > Hi! I have a problem trying to extract a piece of code to a method.
>> >
>> > To reproduce:
>> >
>> > 1) Select the piece of code to extract
>> > 2) Right button ->  "refactor source" -> "extract method"
>> > 3) Select a name and press enter.
>> >
>> > Then you will raise the exception MessageNotUnderstood:
>> > RBParser>>initializeParserWith:type:
>> >
>> > I a tested in PharoCore-1.1-11053-ALPHA and pharo1.0-10496-rc1dev09.11.5
>> > (using the default browser).
>> >
>> > I opened the bug ticket:
>> > http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=1532
>> >
>> > I attach also the full stacktrace.
>> >
>> > Cheers
>> >
>> > Mariano

>> --
>> Lukas Renggli
>> http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: MessageNotUnderstood: RBParser>>initializeParserWith:type:

Mariano Martinez Peck
Where can I get such image?

Anyway I think this is a real bug. Most people just download the image that it is in the website. And that image has this bug. So I will let the bug status as accepted.

Thanks,

Mariano

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 11:13 PM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
Try in an image where no O2 is loaded, because loading O2 changes the
behavior of the other browsers even when O2 is not selected as the
default.

Lukas

2009/12/1 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>:
> I have just tried in OBSystemBrowserAdaptor, O2SystemBrowserAdaptor and
> O2PackageBrowserAdaptor
> and in all of them I have the same problem. I am using a clean image
> pharo1.0-10496-rc1dev09.11.4   and PharoCore-1.1-11053-ALPHA
>
> :(
>
> On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 10:28 PM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Can you please try to reproduce with OmniBrowser, because this seems
>> to be related to O2. I use "Extract Method" all the time and it works
>> for me.
>>
>> Lukas
>>
>> 2009/12/1 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>:
>> > Hi! I have a problem trying to extract a piece of code to a method.
>> >
>> > To reproduce:
>> >
>> > 1) Select the piece of code to extract
>> > 2) Right button ->  "refactor source" -> "extract method"
>> > 3) Select a name and press enter.
>> >
>> > Then you will raise the exception MessageNotUnderstood:
>> > RBParser>>initializeParserWith:type:
>> >
>> > I a tested in PharoCore-1.1-11053-ALPHA and pharo1.0-10496-rc1dev09.11.5
>> > (using the default browser).
>> >
>> > I opened the bug ticket:
>> > http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=1532
>> >
>> > I attach also the full stacktrace.
>> >
>> > Cheers
>> >
>> > Mariano

>> --
>> Lukas Renggli
>> http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: MessageNotUnderstood: RBParser>>initializeParserWith:type:

Lukas Renggli
> Anyway I think this is a real bug. Most people just download the image that
> it is in the website. And that image has this bug. So I will let the bug
> status as accepted.

Definitely:

- O2-Refactory has to be fixed to work with the latest refactoring code.
- O2 should remove OBSystemBrowserAdaptor and O2SystemBrowserAdaptor
from the menu, because they are both subtly broken.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: MessageNotUnderstood: RBParser>>initializeParserWith:type:

David Röthlisberger-2

>> Anyway I think this is a real bug. Most people just download the image that
>> it is in the website. And that image has this bug. So I will let the bug
>> status as accepted.
>
> Definitely:
>
> - O2-Refactory has to be fixed to work with the latest refactoring code.
> - O2 should remove OBSystemBrowserAdaptor and O2SystemBrowserAdaptor
> from the menu, because they are both subtly broken.

ok, I will check what the problem is here.

David

Re: MessageNotUnderstood: RBParser>>initializeParserWith:type:

Stéphane Ducasse
THANKS!
On Dec 2, 2009, at 11:46 AM, David Röthlisberger wrote:

>>> Anyway I think this is a real bug. Most people just download the image that
>>> it is in the website. And that image has this bug. So I will let the bug
>>> status as accepted.
>>
>> Definitely:
>>
>> - O2-Refactory has to be fixed to work with the latest refactoring code.
>> - O2 should remove OBSystemBrowserAdaptor and O2SystemBrowserAdaptor
>> from the menu, because they are both subtly broken.
>
> ok, I will check what the problem is here.
>
> David

Re: MessageNotUnderstood: RBParser>>initializeParserWith:type:

laurent laffont
On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 11:46 AM, David Röthlisberger <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Anyway I think this is a real bug. Most people just download the image that
>> it is in the website. And that image has this bug. So I will let the bug
>> status as accepted.
>
> Definitely:
>
> - O2-Refactory has to be fixed to work with the latest refactoring code.
> - O2 should remove OBSystemBrowserAdaptor and O2SystemBrowserAdaptor
> from the menu, because they are both subtly broken.

ok, I will check what the problem is here.

David

I've created issue #1533 but it seems to be a duplicate of this one....

Laurent

Re: MessageNotUnderstood: RBParser>>initializeParserWith:type:

Mariano Martinez Peck

I've created issue #1533 but it seems to be a duplicate of this one....

what a coincidence! hahahah

what I always do before submitting an issue is to search in google code if there isn't something similar already. I look for the message that wasn't understood for example. But, you have to change the search listbox because the default is "Open issues", so you have to change it to "all issues"

cheers

Mariano

Laurent