MessageNotUnderstood: ZnManagingMultiThreadedServer>>reader: with Pharo 1.4

MessageNotUnderstood: ZnManagingMultiThreadedServer>>reader: with Pharo 1.4

Helene Bilbo
Hello,
i tried the Seaside on Pharo 1.4 image from Pharo's Jenkins Server and have the problem that I can’t start a ZnZincServerAdaptor.

When i try to start one via the Seaside Control panel nothing happens at all,

and when i evaluate:
ZnZincServerAdaptor startOn: 8080

i get this error:
MessageNotUnderstood: ZnManagingMultiThreadedServer>>reader:

Is there an „official“ Seaside on Pharo 1.4 image?
Helene.

Re: MessageNotUnderstood: ZnManagingMultiThreadedServer>>reader: with Pharo 1.4

Sven Van Caekenberghe
Helene,

On 18 May 2012, at 18:32, Helene Bilbo wrote:

> Hello,
> i tried the Seaside on Pharo 1.4 image from Pharo's Jenkins Server and have
> the problem that I can’t start a ZnZincServerAdaptor.
>
> When i try to start one via the Seaside Control panel nothing happens at
> all,
>
> and when i evaluate:
> ZnZincServerAdaptor startOn: 8080
>
> i get this error:
> MessageNotUnderstood: ZnManagingMultiThreadedServer>>reader:
>
> Is there an „official“ Seaside on Pharo 1.4 image?
> Helene.

The problem is that the Seaside adaptor code is more recent than the Zinc implementation in Pharo 1.4

#reader: was recently added.

You could try loading the lastest Zinc code manually, that should fix the problem.

I will request an official update of Zn in Pharo 1.3, 1.4 and 2.0 later this week.

Sven

--
Sven Van Caekenberghe
http://stfx.eu

Re: MessageNotUnderstood: ZnManagingMultiThreadedServer>>reader: with Pharo 1.4

Helene Bilbo
Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote
Helene,
You could try loading the lastest Zinc code manually, that should fix the problem.

I will request an official update of Zn in Pharo 1.3, 1.4 and 2.0 later this week.

Sven
Thank you, Sven, for the fast reply.

What still does not work is the Seaside control panel, it does not allow to start, stop or remove an adaptor.

Helene.

On 18 May 2012, at 21:23, Helene Bilbo wrote:

> What still does not work is the Seaside control panel, it does not allow to
> start, stop or remove an adaptor.

I have no time to test with the image you are refering to, maybe do a

        WAServerManager default initialize.

after stopping all adaptors (and checking the process manager they are gone).

Inspect a bit around, it should normally work, maybe you got in a weird state somehow.

Sven