Meta-Magritte

1 message Options

Meta-Magritte

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
I'm working on an experiment to work with Magritte descriptions via a GUI generated by Magritte itself. For example, bring up a Magritte form on description, edit it, and then save as a description method on an object.

As an initial spike, MADescription>>#constructorSource:, which for e.g.:
```
        MANumberDescription new
                default: 5;
                constructorSource.
```
returns:
```
^ MANumberDescription new
                default: 5;
                yourself
```

One thing I noticed is that descriptions do not have meta-descriptions of their accessors. Does anyone know why?

Is anyone using the meta-features of the descriptions themselves as described in the Magritte white papers (or any other way for that matter!)? Has anything like this been done? It seems strange to me if not...
Cheers,
Sean