MetaBrowser broken in moose 6 due to Trachel

MetaBrowser broken in moose 6 due to Trachel

Nicolas Anquetil

Just open the meta browser.

Error comes from Trachel Canvas initialization (through Athens, FFI, Opal)

nicolas

--
Nicolas Anquetil
RMod team -- Inria Lille

Re: MetaBrowser broken in moose 6 due to Trachel

Peter Uhnak
What is the actual error message / screenshot?

I can't reproduce it on the latest (1780) moose.

Also if you save the image, close it, and open again… does the problem persist? (I remember that after prolonged use of image sometimes it failed to initialize for me…)

Peter

On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 9:56 AM, Nicolas Anquetil <[hidden email]> wrote:

Just open the meta browser.

Error comes from Trachel Canvas initialization (through Athens, FFI, Opal)

nicolas

--
Nicolas Anquetil
RMod team -- Inria Lille

Re: MetaBrowser broken in moose 6 due to Trachel

Nicolas Anquetil
I just downloaded a fresh image from moosetechnology
and the problem persists

nicolas

On 09/06/2016 10:08, Peter Uhnák wrote:
What is the actual error message / screenshot?

I can't reproduce it on the latest (1780) moose.

Also if you save the image, close it, and open again… does the problem persist? (I remember that after prolonged use of image sometimes it failed to initialize for me…)

Peter

On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 9:56 AM, Nicolas Anquetil <[hidden email]> wrote:

Just open the meta browser.

Error comes from Trachel Canvas initialization (through Athens, FFI, Opal)

nicolas

--
Nicolas Anquetil
RMod team -- Inria Lille

Nicolas Anquetil
RMod team -- Inria Lille

Re: MetaBrowser broken in moose 6 due to Trachel

Tudor Girba-2
Hi Nicolas,

I just tried it and it works for me.

What OS and what VM are you using? If you can reproduce it, maybe it is a bug that Esteban was looking for to reproduce.

Cheers,
Doru

> On Jun 9, 2016, at 11:26 AM, Nicolas Anquetil <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I just downloaded a fresh image from moosetechnology
> and the problem persists
>
> nicolas
>
> On 09/06/2016 10:08, Peter Uhnák wrote:
>> What is the actual error message / screenshot?
>>
>> I can't reproduce it on the latest (1780) moose.
>>
>> Also if you save the image, close it, and open again… does the problem persist? (I remember that after prolonged use of image sometimes it failed to initialize for me…)
>>
>> Peter
>>
>> On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 9:56 AM, Nicolas Anquetil <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Just open the meta browser.
>>
>> Error comes from Trachel Canvas initialization (through Athens, FFI, Opal)
>>
>> nicolas
>>
>> --
>> Nicolas Anquetil
>> RMod team -- Inria Lille

> Nicolas Anquetil
> RMod team -- Inria Lille

www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"Every thing has its own flow."

Re: MetaBrowser broken in moose 6 due to Trachel

Nicolas Anquetil
update on this

I used the latest VM for linux and the latest Moose image

Esteban said it did not seem related to anything he was debugging at the
moment

Anybody can reproduce it on Linux?
Just try to open the Moose "Meta Browser"

nicolas

On 09/06/2016 13:58, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi Nicolas,
>
> I just tried it and it works for me.
>
> What OS and what VM are you using? If you can reproduce it, maybe it is a bug that Esteban was looking for to reproduce.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

>> On Jun 9, 2016, at 11:26 AM, Nicolas Anquetil <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I just downloaded a fresh image from moosetechnology
>> and the problem persists
>>
>> nicolas
>>
>> On 09/06/2016 10:08, Peter Uhnák wrote:
>>> What is the actual error message / screenshot?
>>>
>>> I can't reproduce it on the latest (1780) moose.
>>>
>>> Also if you save the image, close it, and open again… does the problem persist? (I remember that after prolonged use of image sometimes it failed to initialize for me…)
>>>
>>> Peter
>>>
>>> On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 9:56 AM, Nicolas Anquetil <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Just open the meta browser.
>>>
>>> Error comes from Trachel Canvas initialization (through Athens, FFI, Opal)
>>>
>>> nicolas
>>>
>>> --
>>> Nicolas Anquetil
>>> RMod team -- Inria Lille

>> --
>> Nicolas Anquetil
>> RMod team -- Inria Lille

> www.tudorgirba.com
> www.feenk.com
>
> "Every thing has its own flow."

Nicolas Anquetil
RMod team -- Inria Lille

Re: MetaBrowser broken in moose 6 due to Trachel

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

Ok. How does the error look like? Could you paste the screenshot? What about the PharoDebug.log?

Cheers,
Doru

> On Jun 13, 2016, at 1:36 PM, Nicolas Anquetil <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> update on this
>
> I used the latest VM for linux and the latest Moose image
>
> Esteban said it did not seem related to anything he was debugging at the moment
>
> Anybody can reproduce it on Linux?
> Just try to open the Moose "Meta Browser"
>
> nicolas
>
> On 09/06/2016 13:58, Tudor Girba wrote:
>> Hi Nicolas,
>>
>> I just tried it and it works for me.
>>
>> What OS and what VM are you using? If you can reproduce it, maybe it is a bug that Esteban was looking for to reproduce.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>>> On Jun 9, 2016, at 11:26 AM, Nicolas Anquetil <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> I just downloaded a fresh image from moosetechnology
>>> and the problem persists
>>>
>>> nicolas

>>> --
>>> Nicolas Anquetil
>>> RMod team -- Inria Lille

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>> www.feenk.com
>>
>> "Every thing has its own flow."

> Nicolas Anquetil
> RMod team -- Inria Lille

www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"Obvious things are difficult to teach."

Re: MetaBrowser broken in moose 6 due to Trachel

Nicolas Anquetil

this is the picture I sent Esteban,

I will look at pharo.log later tonight

nicolas

mooseBug.png (208K) Download Attachment

Re: MetaBrowser broken in moose 6 due to Trachel

Nicolas Anquetil

well done !

source file was indeed missing and it does fix the bug

Now should this be considered a feature or a bug?

nicolas

On 13/06/2016 16:38, Andrei Chis wrote:
[...]

Given how Athens works it's a feature :)

Still this is the fourth time I see people facing
this bug so we could add in the debugger maybe
a info message saying that sources are missing
when this error is detected.

Cheers,
Andrei

On Jun 13, 2016, at 1:36 PM, Nicolas Anquetil <[hidden email][hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

That would be indeed fun! Could we look at it?

Doru

> [...]
>> What is the actual error message / screenshot?
>>
>> I can't reproduce it on the latest (1780) moose.
>>
>> Also if you save the image, close it, and open again… does the problem persist? (I remember that after prolonged use of image sometimes it failed to initialize for me…)
>>
>> Peter
>>
>> On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 9:56 AM, Nicolas Anquetil <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Just open the meta browser.
>>
>> Error comes from Trachel Canvas initialization (through Athens, FFI, Opal)
>>
>> nicolas
>>
>> --
>> Nicolas Anquetil
>> RMod team -- Inria Lille

>> Nicolas Anquetil
>> RMod team -- Inria Lille

>> "Every thing has its own flow."

>> Nicolas Anquetil
>> RMod team -- Inria Lille

>> "Obvious things are difficult to teach."

www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"If you interrupt the barber while he is cutting your hair,
you will end up with a messy haircut."

Re: MetaBrowser broken in moose 6 due to Trachel

CyrilFerlicot
Le 13/06/2016 17:43, Andrei Chis a écrit :

> Given how Athens works it's a feature :)
>
> Still this is the fourth time I see people facing
> this bug so we could add in the debugger maybe
> a info message saying that sources are missing
> when this error is detected.
>
> Cheers,
> Andrei

Hi,

There is an issue opened to the user if he want to download
automatically the source file if it is missing at launching.

https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/18393/Propose-to-download-sources-to-the-user-if-the-sources-are-missing

--
Cyril Ferlicot

http://www.synectique.eu