MetaSource demo app working again

Torsten Bergmann
>I had fixed this and made a new ConfigurationOf, but I don't have write
>access to the EWB repo, so they are both here:

Hi Sean,

The confusion came mostly from the fact that you also
"rehosted" the config itself instead of just the code package.

It should be no problem when you put the ExternalBrowser code
package into another repo until you can copy it to the
original repo.

But the ConfigurationOfXXX should be continued on
squeaksource/MetacelloRepository which is read/write.

So the configuration can point to the temporary location until the
package moves to the original one - but others can still
use the newer versions in ConfigurationOfXXX since they dont
care where the loaded packages are hosted...

Bye
T.

Re: MetaSource demo app working again

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Torsten Bergmann wrote
It should be no problem when you put the ExternalBrowser code
package into another repo until you can copy it to the
original repo.

But the ConfigurationOfXXX should be continued on
squeaksource/MetacelloRepository which is read/write.

So the configuration can point to the temporary location until the
package moves to the original one - but others can still
use the newer versions in ConfigurationOfXXX since they dont
care where the loaded packages are hosted...
Perfect, that's what I wanted to know.

Sean
Cheers,
Sean