Metacello Help book in Pharo-Dev

Torsten Bergmann
Should we add the Metacello Help book to Pharo-dev?
See

http://gemstonesoup.wordpress.com/2011/01/17/metacello-1-0-beta-28-unearthed/

Re: Metacello Help book in Pharo-Dev

Stéphane Ducasse
The problem is that we have 25 pages of metacello explanation before that blog (which will be added to the book chapter).

So the help should be small but not too much and not that long.
This is all the question of how to manage it (especially with duplication).

I suggest to have a synthetic help description of a couple of pages and pointers to the chapter.

Stef

On Jan 18, 2011, at 9:48 AM, Torsten Bergmann wrote:

> Should we add the Metacello Help book to Pharo-dev?
> See
>
> http://gemstonesoup.wordpress.com/2011/01/17/metacello-1-0-beta-28-unearthed/
> --
> Neu: GMX De-Mail - Einfach wie E-Mail, sicher wie ein Brief!
> Jetzt De-Mail-Adresse reservieren: http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/demail

Re: Metacello Help book in Pharo-Dev

laurent laffont
Note that ProfStef tutorials are automatically visible in Help in 1.2 (I've discarded ProfStefBrowser).

Laurent

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 9:59 AM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
The problem is that we have 25 pages of metacello explanation before that blog (which will be added to the book chapter).

So the help should be small but not too much and not that long.
This is all the question of how to manage it (especially with duplication).

I suggest to have a synthetic help description of a couple of pages and pointers to the chapter.

Stef

On Jan 18, 2011, at 9:48 AM, Torsten Bergmann wrote:

> Should we add the Metacello Help book to Pharo-dev?
> See
>
> http://gemstonesoup.wordpress.com/2011/01/17/metacello-1-0-beta-28-unearthed/
> --
> Neu: GMX De-Mail - Einfach wie E-Mail, sicher wie ein Brief!
> Jetzt De-Mail-Adresse reservieren: http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/demail

Re: Metacello Help book in Pharo-Dev

Mariano Martinez Peck
Torsten: the current behavior of ConfigurationOfPharo loads Metacello completly, included packages like Metacello-Help and Metacello-ProfStef
Actually, you can download a Pharo1.2 dev from hudson and you will see that they are there.

Now, ConfigurationOfPharo '1.2-beta2'  is loading:

    project: 'Metacello' with: '1.0-beta.27.4';
                project: 'Metacello Tests' with: '1.0-beta.27.4';

someone can update that to 1.0-beta.28   and you will see the new versions.

cheers

mariano

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 10:19 AM, laurent laffont <[hidden email]> wrote:
Note that ProfStef tutorials are automatically visible in Help in 1.2 (I've discarded ProfStefBrowser).

Laurent

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 9:59 AM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
The problem is that we have 25 pages of metacello explanation before that blog (which will be added to the book chapter).

So the help should be small but not too much and not that long.
This is all the question of how to manage it (especially with duplication).

I suggest to have a synthetic help description of a couple of pages and pointers to the chapter.

Stef

On Jan 18, 2011, at 9:48 AM, Torsten Bergmann wrote:

> Should we add the Metacello Help book to Pharo-dev?
> See
>
> http://gemstonesoup.wordpress.com/2011/01/17/metacello-1-0-beta-28-unearthed/
> --
> Neu: GMX De-Mail - Einfach wie E-Mail, sicher wie ein Brief!
> Jetzt De-Mail-Adresse reservieren: http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/demail

Re: Metacello Help book in Pharo-Dev

Alexandre Bergel
What I did for Mondrian, is to automatically generate the Pharo By Example chapter from the ProfStef tutorial

Alexandre

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu