Metacello --- How to make sure that we will be able to load... in 3 years from now

Metacello --- How to make sure that we will be able to load... in 3 years from now

Torsten Bergmann
>make sure that we can get metacello configuration working in 3/5 years from now.

We should also think about

  - mirroring. Currently in Metacello you give the repo hard coded in the baseline.
    Maybe it would be better to have an alias there and define the repo
    elsewhere (for instance in #versionXXX method).
  - offline work where on is working offline, behind a closed proxy. There are also
    companies that want to have an internal server. They do not want to rely
    on a public server even when it is 24*7.

Did I already ask if we have the infrastructure/resources to run an own
server (PharoSource, ...)?

Bye
T.

NEU: Mit GMX DSL über 1000,- ¿ sparen!
http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl02

Re: Metacello --- How to make sure that we will be able to load... in 3 years from now

Stéphane Ducasse

On Feb 23, 2010, at 2:25 PM, Torsten Bergmann wrote:

>> make sure that we can get metacello configuration working in 3/5 years from now.
>
> We should also think about
>
>  - mirroring. Currently in Metacello you give the repo hard coded in the baseline.
>    Maybe it would be better to have an alias there and define the repo
>    elsewhere (for instance in #versionXXX method).
>  - offline work where on is working offline, behind a closed proxy. There are also
>    companies that want to have an internal server. They do not want to rely
>    on a public server even when it is 24*7.
>
> Did I already ask if we have the infrastructure/resources to run an own
> server (PharoSource, ...)?

I requested inria to get a server with the correct webdav configuration
but so far they were busy...