Metacello Platform Packages

1 message Options

Metacello Platform Packages

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
I wonder if a best practice has developed here. Mariano had mentioned a while
back that he preferred not to have any platform package for latest Pharo,
and to implement as necessary to make things work on earlier Pharos.

I've used this with good results in the past, but it sometimes gets hairy
e.g. if we implement a Calypso shortcut, and Calypso doesn't exist in
Pharo###, now we have to implement dummy classes to even make it loadable in
those prior Pharos and maybe jump through hoops to hide compatible behavior
inside those dummy classes.

Thoughts out there?

-----
Cheers,