Metacello for pharo 1.2

cdelaunay
When I try to load moose in a pharo 1.2 image, Metacello is loading (via ConfigurationOfMetacello) an ancient version of OB which is no longer compatible with pharo 1.2 (at least for the use of 'Preferences').
Does anyone know if there is a version of metacello working for 1.2?

Re: Metacello for pharo 1.2

Mariano Martinez Peck
Try (ConfigurationOfMetacello project version: '1.0-beta.27-baseline' ) load

2010/9/1 Cyrille Delaunay <[hidden email]>
When I try to load moose in a pharo 1.2 image, Metacello is loading (via ConfigurationOfMetacello) an ancient version of OB which is no longer compatible with pharo 1.2 (at least for the use of 'Preferences').
Does anyone know if there is a version of metacello working for 1.2?

Re: Metacello for pharo 1.2

Dale Henrichs
Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> Try (ConfigurationOfMetacello project version: '1.0-beta.27-baseline' ) load
>
> 2010/9/1 Cyrille Delaunay <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>
>     When I try to load moose in a pharo 1.2 image, Metacello is loading
>     (via ConfigurationOfMetacello) an ancient version of OB which is no
>     longer compatible with pharo 1.2 (at least for the use of
>     'Preferences').
>     Does anyone know if there is a version of metacello working for 1.2?

...Except that when you do that, you may get Metacello work in progress.
I am working on 1.0-beta.27.4 right now and you could end up with code
that I am attempting to debug which could lead to unexpected results for
you:)

If you load in a  version of OmniBrowser that is compatible with 1.2,
before loading the Metacello UI that should work ... A safer course of
action would be to do this...load the latest packages from OmniBrowser
and then the latest _released_ version of Metacello:

   Gofer new
        squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
        package: 'ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser';
        package: 'ConfigurationOfMetacello';
        load.
then:

   (ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser project version: '1.1-baseline') load.
   (ConfigurationOfMetacello project latestVersion) load: 'UI'.

You'll get an OmniBrowser that runs in 1.2 and the OB-Metacello tools.
I've tried this and it appears to work fine...

Dale

Re: Metacello for pharo 1.2

cdelaunay
Yes it seems to work, thanks :)

2010/9/1 Cyrille Delaunay <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>

   When I try to load moose in a pharo 1.2 image, Metacello is loading
   (via ConfigurationOfMetacello) an ancient version of OB which is no
   longer compatible with pharo 1.2 (at least for the use of
   'Preferences').     Does anyone know if there is a version of metacello working for 1.2?

   <mailto:[hidden email]>