Metacello load in code vs. Iceberg menu install? Can you automate remote loading?

Metacello load in code vs. Iceberg menu install? Can you automate remote loading?

Tim Mackinnon
Hi - I’m trying to automate the deployment of a seaside image to Digital Ocean. I was following the Enterprise Pharo booklet - and its a bit out of date, but I wanted to do the bit about taking a clean image and then loading in my project which I’ve stored in Git using Iceberg.

So on the command line I am trying to eval “
Iceberg enableMetacelloIntegration: true.
Metacello new
  baseline: 'PagerDuty';
  repository: '[hidden email]:macta/WillowPagerDuty.git';
  load.”

But I get retry errors and a walkback, so I’ve tried to do the same in the playground in a fresh image and its true - I get an error because ZnClient is trying to connect to a url like "http://:80/git@...:macta/WillowPagerDuty.git/?C=M;O%3DD” (so it interprets that git@ specification strangely).

But what is weird, is that if I use Iceberg - connected to the same repo (and specified the same way) - and then use the Metacello - Install baseline menu (right click on the BaselineOfXXX package) it then works perfectly.

So what’s the difference? It looks like the latter is mapping down to a "repository: '<a href="gitlocal://'" class="">gitlocal://', packageDir;” whereas the above is trying to read it over the wire?

I then tried using an access token for gitlab, so its an https variant - but that gave me an error as well? Does this mean to automate I have to bring down the initial BaseLine - but then if that baseline refers to others - that seems to work, so I’m a bit confused about what is going on?

Tim

Re: Metacello load in code vs. Iceberg menu install? Can you automate remote loading?

gcotelli
I think you can use:
Metacello new
  baseline: 'PagerDuty';
  repository: 'gitlab://macta/WillowPagerDuty:master/source';
  load.

or something like that

On Wed, May 9, 2018 at 8:44 PM Tim Mackinnon <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

So what’s the difference? It looks like the latter is mapping down to a "repository: 'gitlocal://', packageDir;” whereas the above is trying to read it over the wire?

Tim

Re: Metacello load in code vs. Iceberg menu install? Can you automate remote loading?

Tim Mackinnon
This was indeed the answer - use the gitlab protocol and specify a branch e.g.

Iceberg enableMetacelloIntegration: true.
Metacello new
  baseline: 'PagerDuty';
  repository: ‘[hidden email]macta/WillowPagerDuty:master/src';
  load.

Thanks Gaby

Tim

On 10 May 2018, at 01:26, Gabriel Cotelli <[hidden email]> wrote:

I think you can use:
Metacello new
  baseline: 'PagerDuty';
  repository: '<a href="gitlab://macta/WillowPagerDuty" class="">gitlab://macta/WillowPagerDuty:master/source';