Metacello project dependencies

Torsten Bergmann
When I load version "1.0-10517" of ConfigurationOfPharo in a clean core 1.0#10517 image it works.

But when I use the "1.0-10517" version of Pharo as a prerequisite in a
project (for instance Metasource) within the same image I get a "Name not found - ArchiveViewer" error. The config looks OK to me.
I'm puzzled ...

If you want to try, use
https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/26790/Pharo-1.0.zip
and evaluate:

   Gofer new
        squeaksource: 'MetaSource';
        package: 'ConfigurationOfMetaSource';
        load.

   ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfMetaSource) project version: '1.0-alpha3') load.

Bye
T.

Re: Metacello project dependencies

Dale
Torsten,

Sorry for the late reply ... caught a nasty cold and used the opportunity to stop reading email for a couple of days ...

It looks like the original problem was that ArchiveViewer was included in the group names but was no longer defined in 1.1-baseline. When using a configuration directly, only the target version is excercised. However, when used as prerequisite, the currentVersion of a project is calculated which ends up excercising all of the versions.

Your problem points out the need for a Metacello verifier (there's a bug for that:) that finds these kinds of problems.

It looks like the extra ArchiveViewer entry in the group has been removed so the load worked fine for me this morning:)

Dale