Metacello questions

Torsten Bergmann
Just have a look at ConfigurationOfSQLite3 for a simple
example. This one has a "project dependency" on ConfigurationOfFFI.

If you want Help system project to be loaded in your configurartion
 you need to define it in the baselineXXX method and set a specific
version of the project in your own #versionXXX method

Bye
T.

Re: Metacello questions

Andreas.Raab
On 5/5/2010 11:36 PM, Torsten Bergmann wrote:
> Just have a look at ConfigurationOfSQLite3 for a simple
> example. This one has a "project dependency" on ConfigurationOfFFI.
>
> If you want Help system project to be loaded in your configurartion
>   you need to define it in the baselineXXX method and set a specific
> version of the project in your own #versionXXX method

Thanks. Does that mean the documentation is just wrong then? It says

MetacelloReferenceConfig>>baseline10:

        "... snip ..."

                spec
                        "Create or update a project reference"
                        project: 'UI Support' with: [
                                "One or more of the following attributes may be defined or changed"
                                spec
                                        "Name of config class (i.e., ConfigurationOfXXX)"
                                        className: 'ConfigurationOfUI';
                                        "Version of project to be loaded. if theversionString is not
specified, then the latest version of the project is used."
                                        versionString: '1.0';

This last comment made me assume that not providing a version would be
enough to make Metacello load the latest version. Also, the reference
config has no #version: anywhere related to the project dependency. Oh,
and what's the difference between #version: (SQLite3) and
#versionString: (MetacelloReferenceConfig)?

Cheers,
   - Andreas