MetacelloBrowser

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

MetacelloBrowser

abergel
Hi All,

I am happy to announce that MetacelloBrowser is ready for public consumption.
http://metacellobrowser.dcc.uchile.cl

I am not releasing it because the idea of maintaining yet another software makes me particularly happy. I have been using it for a couple of months already for Mondrian, Spy and other projects. MetacelloBrowser has a great impact on the way I manage versions. My wish is to see the libraries that I use everyday better maintained and versioned.

We should not let Pharo die because there is no GUI for Metacello. This is what MetacelloBrowser is about.

Cheers,
Alexandre
--
_,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:
Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu
^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;.






Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: MetacelloBrowser

Francisco Ortiz Peñaloza
Great work Alexandre!

Kind Regards,
Francisco

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 10:51 AM, Alexandre Bergel
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am happy to announce that MetacelloBrowser is ready for public consumption.
> http://metacellobrowser.dcc.uchile.cl
>
> I am not releasing it because the idea of maintaining yet another software makes me particularly happy. I have been using it for a couple of months already for Mondrian, Spy and other projects. MetacelloBrowser has a great impact on the way I manage versions. My wish is to see the libraries that I use everyday better maintained and versioned.
>
> We should not let Pharo die because there is no GUI for Metacello. This is what MetacelloBrowser is about.
>
> Cheers,
> Alexandre
> --
> _,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:
> Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu
> ^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: MetacelloBrowser

SergeStinckwich
In reply to this post by abergel
Great ! I like it.

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 8:51 PM, Alexandre Bergel
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am happy to announce that MetacelloBrowser is ready for public consumption.
> http://metacellobrowser.dcc.uchile.cl
>
> I am not releasing it because the idea of maintaining yet another software makes me particularly happy. I have been using it for a couple of months already for Mondrian, Spy and other projects. MetacelloBrowser has a great impact on the way I manage versions. My wish is to see the libraries that I use everyday better maintained and versioned.
>
> We should not let Pharo die because there is no GUI for Metacello. This is what MetacelloBrowser is about.
>
> Cheers,
> Alexandre
> --
> _,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:
> Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu
> ^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>



--
Serge Stinckwich
UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC), Hanoi, Vietnam
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
http://doesnotunderstand.org/

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: MetacelloBrowser

Geert Claes
Administrator
In reply to this post by abergel
I only just looked at the screenshot on http://metacellobrowser.dcc.uchile.cl and my initial reaction is; if all items in the left pane start with "ConfigurationOf" why not just drop the "ConfigurationOf" because that would make it much easier to scan/read through the configurations
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: MetacelloBrowser

abergel
> I only just looked at the screenshot on http://metacellobrowser.dcc.uchile.cl
> and my initial reaction is; if all items in the left pane start with
> "ConfigurationOf" why not just drop the "ConfigurationOf" because that would
> make it much easier to scan/read through the configurations

I agree. But using the configuration basename instead of the complete name has some magic feeling to me.
For example, the ConfigurationMetacelloBrowser loads the package MetacelloBrowser, itself contained in the squeaksource MetacelloBrowser repository. I feel it get easy to be confused.
I will experiment with your suggestion. Thanks

Cheers,
Alexandre

--
_,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:
Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu
^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;.






Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: MetacelloBrowser

Geert Claes
Administrator
Alexandre Bergel-7 wrote
I agree. But using the configuration basename instead of the complete name has some magic feeling to me.
For example, the ConfigurationMetacelloBrowser loads the package MetacelloBrowser, itself contained in the squeaksource MetacelloBrowser repository. I feel it get easy to be confused.
I will experiment with your suggestion. Thanks
I can see your point, but having all items start with "ConfigurationOf" adds too much noise.

So, we "can" now have a configuration MetacelloBrowser using ConfigurationOfMetacelloBrowser to load from the MetacelloBrowser repository on Squeaksource, the package MetacelloBrowser which has classes that are in the MetacelloBrowser category where the Configuration = Repository = Package = Category :)
Loading...