MetacelloRepository is online

EstebanLM
Hi,
I created the project MetacelloRepository as a centralized repository
for meta-packages, and started uploading metacello configurations.

MCHttpRepository
        location: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/MetacelloRepository'
        user: ''
        password: ''

Currently, I uploaded three projects:

1) ConfigurationOfFFI
2) ConfigurationOfSqueakDBX
3) ConfigurationOfGlorpDBX

The whole idea of this is to have a project catalog working (like
apt-get), so I encourage you to use it!

The tools to manage on a fashion way this repository are comming,
please be patient :)

Cheers,
Esteban

Re: MetacelloRepository is online

EstebanLM
btw, Steph, Marcus, Adrian and Michael, as "benevolent dictators" of
Pharo, I made all of you administrators on MetacelloRepository project,
so you can make anything you want with it... even kick me off :)

On 2009-12-07 23:04:07 -0300, Esteban Lorenzano
<[hidden email]> said:

> Hi,
> I created the project MetacelloRepository as a centralized repository
> for meta-packages, and started uploading metacello configurations.
>
> MCHttpRepository
> location: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/MetacelloRepository'
> user: ''
> password: ''
>
> Currently, I uploaded three projects:
>
> 1) ConfigurationOfFFI
> 2) ConfigurationOfSqueakDBX
> 3) ConfigurationOfGlorpDBX
>
> The whole idea of this is to have a project catalog working (like
> apt-get), so I encourage you to use it!
>
> The tools to manage on a fashion way this repository are comming,
> please be patient :)
>
> Cheers,
> Esteban

Re: MetacelloRepository is online

It would be nice to have one per version
Pharo1.0
Pharo1.1

May be people should use this convention in file names?

Stef

On Dec 8, 2009, at 3:04 AM, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:

> Hi,
> I created the project MetacelloRepository as a centralized repository
> for meta-packages, and started uploading metacello configurations.
>
> MCHttpRepository
> location: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/MetacelloRepository'
> user: ''
> password: ''
>
> Currently, I uploaded three projects:
>
> 1) ConfigurationOfFFI
> 2) ConfigurationOfSqueakDBX
> 3) ConfigurationOfGlorpDBX
>
> The whole idea of this is to have a project catalog working (like
> apt-get), so I encourage you to use it!
>
> The tools to manage on a fashion way this repository are comming,
> please be patient :)
>
> Cheers,
> Esteban

Re: MetacelloRepository is online

Dale
It is possible to do platform-specific configurations within the same configuration. For GLASS, I generate the following attributes:

  #'gs2.4.x' #'gs2.3.x' #'gs2.x' #'gs3.x'

So that I can specify different package versions based on which underlying version of GemStone is running.

A similar approach could be followed for Pharo....

Dale
----- "Stéphane Ducasse" <[hidden email]> wrote:

| It would be nice to have one per version
| Pharo1.0
| Pharo1.1
|
| May be people should use this convention in file names?
|
| Stef
|
| On Dec 8, 2009, at 3:04 AM, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:
|
| > Hi,
| > I created the project MetacelloRepository as a centralized
| repository
| > for meta-packages, and started uploading metacello configurations.
| >
| > MCHttpRepository
| > location: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/MetacelloRepository'
| > user: ''
| > password: ''
| >
| > Currently, I uploaded three projects:
| >
| > 1) ConfigurationOfFFI
| > 2) ConfigurationOfSqueakDBX
| > 3) ConfigurationOfGlorpDBX
| >
| > The whole idea of this is to have a project catalog working (like
| > apt-get), so I encourage you to use it!
| >
| > The tools to manage on a fashion way this repository are comming,
| > please be patient :)
| >
| > Cheers,
| > Esteban

Re: MetacelloRepository is online

Romain Robbes
I added the ConfigurationOfOCompletion:

Gofer new
squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
addPackage: 'ConfigurationOfOCompletion';
load.
(Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfOCompletion) perform: #loadDefault

	Romain

Re: MetacelloRepository is online

Stéphane Ducasse
cool!