Mickael system submission Slice merging problem

Mickael system submission Slice merging problem

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi mike

could you redo you system organization changes?
I checked with lukas we get a problem with the two merging tools :).

Else what I can do is to keep track of the conflicts by hand (only a
few) and load then revert.
Because apparently MC does let me merge directly your changes.

I can try to do the managing of your changes in late afternoon today.
After I really want to work on the closures (but I have some important
administration to do
by tomorrow).

Re: Mickael system submission Slice merging problem

Stéphane Ducasse
I tried to load one by one the package and revert the conflicts when
necessary.
It somehow succeeded but now I have problem because the scriptLoader
behavior does not work when
trying to reload them. I have to investigate that further.
I will have a look later.

Stef

On Mar 21, 2009, at 1:46 PM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> Hi mike
>
> could you redo you system organization changes?
> I checked with lukas we get a problem with the two merging tools :).
>
> Else what I can do is to keep track of the conflicts by hand (only a
> few) and load then revert.
> Because apparently MC does let me merge directly your changes.
>
> I can try to do the managing of your changes in late afternoon today.
> After I really want to work on the closures (but I have some important
> administration to do
> by tomorrow).
>
> Stef

Re: Mickael system submission Slice merging problem

Michael Rueger-6
Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
> Hi mike
>
> could you redo you system organization changes?

I will take a look.
All the slice should do is to exchange packaging, it is not supposed to
change any code at all. If there have been changes in the meantime, I
simply need to do re-packaging again.

Michael

Re: Mickael system submission Slice merging problem

Stéphane Ducasse
Mike

I found the problem (besides the merging problem): what I did is to
load and revert the conflicts when necessary.
I also fixed platform initializtioant invocation.

Then I fixed a bug in the scriptLoader that was using space as
separator.

I will publish soon a new version if I succeed. Then I have the
following concern:
what will happen with Test (which contains already some tests....)

SystemChangeNotification-Tests-sd.11.mcz
Tests-sd.46.mcz
Tests-System-Digital Signatures-sd.2.mcz
Tests-System-Object Events-sd.2.mcz
Tests-SystemChangeNotification-sd.2.mcz

So I think that we should have the contents of Tests as packages and
remove Tests as top package.
I will do that in a second time.
Is is ok for you?

Stef

Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> what will happen with Test (which contains already some tests....)
>
> SystemChangeNotification-Tests-sd.11.mcz
> Tests-sd.46.mcz
> Tests-System-Digital Signatures-sd.2.mcz
> Tests-System-Object Events-sd.2.mcz
> Tests-SystemChangeNotification-sd.2.mcz
>
> So I think that we should have the contents of Tests as packages and
> remove Tests as top package.
> I will do that in a second time.
> Is is ok for you?

Sounds good to me :-)

Thanks!

Michael

Re: Mickael system submission Slice merging problem

Stéphane Ducasse
Ok I will do that now.
So we can clean the inbox.

Stef

On Mar 21, 2009, at 3:02 PM, Michael Rueger wrote:

> Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>
>> what will happen with Test (which contains already some tests....)
>>
>> SystemChangeNotification-Tests-sd.11.mcz
>> Tests-sd.46.mcz
>> Tests-System-Digital Signatures-sd.2.mcz
>> Tests-System-Object Events-sd.2.mcz
>> Tests-SystemChangeNotification-sd.2.mcz
>>
>> So I think that we should have the contents of Tests as packages and
>> remove Tests as top package.
>> I will do that in a second time.
>> Is is ok for you?
>
> Sounds good to me :-)
>
> Thanks!
>
> Michael

Re: Mickael system submission Slice merging problem

Adrian Lienhard

On Mar 21, 2009, at 14:11 , Michael Rueger wrote:

> Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>> Hi mike
>>
>> could you redo you system organization changes?
>
> I will take a look.
> All the slice should do is to exchange packaging, it is not supposed
> change any code at all. If there have been changes in the meantime, I
> simply need to do re-packaging again.

It seems, such changes (like moving a class between packages) are
simpler to handle with changesets. When we create a new update we
apply the cs without the need for merging with MC.

Adrian

Adrian Lienhard wrote:

> It seems, such changes (like moving a class between packages) are
> simpler to handle with changesets. When we create a new update we
> apply the cs without the need for merging with MC.

Even simpler with config maps. A config map could be used as a slice as
well.

Michael

Re: Mickael system submission Slice merging problem

I do not know since we will have to created the packages and delete
the working copy
but probably.

Stef