Migrating to Nautilus

Hilaire Fernandes-6
Hi,

In DrGeo, I add this code snippet to:

browser := Browser
        newOnClass: DrGeoUserScripts
        selector: mathItem script.
browser addDependent: self domain.
browser codeTextMorph owner owner extent: 450@350.
browser topView setProperty: #morphicLayerNumber toValue: 5.

1. open a minimal browser
2. set a dependency so DrGeo is noticed when the user edited and compile
its script (so Drgeo can update the sketch)
3. rescale the browser so the user can still see his sketch
4. set the minimal browser in a permanent top position.

As Browser is broken and not gonna be fixed, I need to redo the same
with Nautilus, but this one is a big beast. Any tips how to do it?

Thansk

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo http://drgeo.eu

Receiving Nautilus notice when code is changed

Hilaire Fernandes-6
Now I wonder how can I get noticed when code was edited and compiled
from a Nautilus window.

Previously I was doing:
        browser addDependent: self domain.

and DrGeo received notice in the domain objet  through the #update: method.

It does not work anymore.

How to do it now?

Thanks

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo http://drgeo.eu

Re: Receiving Nautilus notice when code is changed

Goubier Thierry
Hi Hilaire,

you can track the system announcements MethodModified and MethodAdded;
they are browser independent (but then you need to filter to see it
relates to the method you are interested in).

SystemAnnouncer uniqueInstance weak on: MethodAdded send: #update: to:
self domain.

Thierry

--
Thierry Goubier
CEA list
Phone/Fax: +33 (0) 1 69 08 32 92 / 83 95

Re: Receiving Nautilus notice when code is changed

Hilaire Fernandes-6
Thanks Thierry.
This one I really can't discover it.

Hilaire

Le 14/05/2014 15:38, Hilaire Fernandes a écrit :
> Thanks Thierry.
> This one I really can't discover it.

Oh you could like I did: spending ages looking at the Browser, Nautilus
and OmniBrowser code ;)

Keep up the good work with DrGeo: it's really one of the "flagship"
Pharo apps that I talk about when I want to convince non-computer guys
about Pharo.

Thierry

Le 14/05/2014 15:56, Goubier Thierry a écrit :

> Le 14/05/2014 15:38, Hilaire Fernandes a écrit :
>> Thanks Thierry.
>> This one I really can't discover it.
>
> Oh you could like I did: spending ages looking at the Browser, Nautilus
> and OmniBrowser code ;)

Yes, I guess. Asking to the list has two virtues: save me time and the
answer is searchable in the forum.

> Keep up the good work with DrGeo: it's really one of the "flagship"
> Pharo apps that I talk about when I want to convince non-computer guys
> about Pharo.

Thanks. I left DrGeo as it was since last September when porting to
Pharo2 with the help of Esteban and Igor. But I hope to have soon a
newer release,  but there are some work, http://bug.drgeo.eu.

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo http://drgeo.eu

Re: Receiving Nautilus notice when code is changed

stepharo
+1
DrGeo is cool

Stef