Migrating to SmalltalkHub

Damien Cassou
Hi,

I think it would be nice to move magritte, pier and their addons to SmalltalkHub so that we don't rely on Lukas' web servers anymore. Lukas agrees but believe it should be the decision of the people who make Magritte and Pier today. I can do it if you want to. I will create a MagritteAndPier team.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another without losing enthusiasm."
Winston Churchill

Re: Migrating to SmalltalkHub

Yanni Chiu
On 06/03/13 1:16 PM, Damien Cassou wrote:

> I think it would be nice to move magritte, pier and their addons to
> SmalltalkHub so that we don't rely on Lukas' web servers anymore. Lukas
> agrees but believe it should be the decision of the people who make
> Magritte and Pier today.

Yes, I think SmalltalkHub is now the right place for it.

 > I will create a MagritteAndPier team.

MagritteAndPier sounds awkward. Can it just be Pier, and Magritte could
be split off later, if needed.

Or, maybe there should be a separate Magritte project. I think there is
some MongoDB package that uses Magritte, called Voyage.

Re: Migrating to SmalltalkHub

Tudor Girba-2
Magritte is used in multiple places.

But before moving, you should kindly ask Lukas if this is Ok for him. Lukas?

Cheers,
Doru

On Mar 6, 2013, at 10:06 PM, Yanni Chiu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 06/03/13 1:16 PM, Damien Cassou wrote:
>>
>> I think it would be nice to move magritte, pier and their addons to
>> SmalltalkHub so that we don't rely on Lukas' web servers anymore. Lukas
>> agrees but believe it should be the decision of the people who make
>> Magritte and Pier today.
>
> Yes, I think SmalltalkHub is now the right place for it.
>
> > I will create a MagritteAndPier team.
>
> MagritteAndPier sounds awkward. Can it just be Pier, and Magritte could be split off later, if needed.
>
> Or, maybe there should be a separate Magritte project. I think there is some MongoDB package that uses Magritte, called Voyage.

www.tudorgirba.com

"What is more important: To be happy, or to make happy?"

Re: Migrating to SmalltalkHub

Lukas Renggli
Sure, move it. I would also keep Magritte separate. Seaside, Magritte and Pier are all different products and the only hard requirement is that Pier depens on Magritte, everything else is optional.

Lukas

www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Migrating to SmalltalkHub

Tudor Girba-2
Thank you, Lukas.
And thank you, Damien.

Doru

On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 8:22 AM, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 7:56 AM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
I would also keep Magritte separate.

ok, I will do it

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another without losing enthusiasm."
Winston Churchill

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: Migrating to SmalltalkHub

EstebanLM
Hi,

yes... +1 to Magritte in a separate project
(I use it a lot in non-pier related stuff, voyage as an example :)

Esteban

On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 7:16 PM, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I think it would be nice to move magritte, pier and their addons to
> SmalltalkHub so that we don't rely on Lukas' web servers anymore. Lukas
> agrees but believe it should be the decision of the people who make Magritte
> and Pier today. I can do it if you want to. I will create a MagritteAndPier
> team.

I created Magritte and Pier teams on SmalltalkHub. Please tell me your
login name if you want me to add you to it.
(http://www.smalltalkhub.com/#!/~Magritte
http://www.smalltalkhub.com/#!/~Pier)
I pushed magritte3 and pier3 to these teams and will continue with the
addons and older versions.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

losing enthusiasm."
Winston Churchill

Re: Migrating to SmalltalkHub

EstebanLM
I want :)

On Apr 2, 2013, at 9:18 AM, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 7:16 PM, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I think it would be nice to move magritte, pier and their addons to
>> SmalltalkHub so that we don't rely on Lukas' web servers anymore. Lukas
>> agrees but believe it should be the decision of the people who make Magritte
>> and Pier today. I can do it if you want to. I will create a MagritteAndPier
>> team.
>

> I created Magritte and Pier teams on SmalltalkHub. Please tell me your
> login name if you want me to add you to it.
> (http://www.smalltalkhub.com/#!/~Magritte
> http://www.smalltalkhub.com/#!/~Pier)
> I pushed magritte3 and pier3 to these teams and will continue with the
> addons and older versions.
>
> --
> Damien Cassou
> http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st
>
> "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another without
> losing enthusiasm."
> Winston Churchill

Re: Migrating to SmalltalkHub

Jan van de Sandt
Me too: JanVanDeSandt

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 11:14 AM, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
I want :)

On Apr 2, 2013, at 9:18 AM, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 7:16 PM, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I think it would be nice to move magritte, pier and their addons to
>> SmalltalkHub so that we don't rely on Lukas' web servers anymore. Lukas
>> agrees but believe it should be the decision of the people who make Magritte
>> and Pier today. I can do it if you want to. I will create a MagritteAndPier
>> team.
>

> I created Magritte and Pier teams on SmalltalkHub. Please tell me your
> login name if you want me to add you to it.
> (http://www.smalltalkhub.com/#!/~Magritte
> http://www.smalltalkhub.com/#!/~Pier)
> I pushed magritte3 and pier3 to these teams and will continue with the
> addons and older versions.
>
> --
> Damien Cassou
> http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st
>
> "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another without
> losing enthusiasm."
> Winston Churchill

Re: Migrating to SmalltalkHub

Tudor Girba-2
And me: girba

Doru

On Apr 2, 2013, at 11:27 AM, Jan van de Sandt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Me too: JanVanDeSandt
>

> On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 11:14 AM, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I want :)
>
> On Apr 2, 2013, at 9:18 AM, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 7:16 PM, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >> I think it would be nice to move magritte, pier and their addons to
> >> SmalltalkHub so that we don't rely on Lukas' web servers anymore. Lukas
> >> agrees but believe it should be the decision of the people who make Magritte
> >> and Pier today. I can do it if you want to. I will create a MagritteAndPier
> >> team.
> >

> > I created Magritte and Pier teams on SmalltalkHub. Please tell me your
> > login name if you want me to add you to it.
> > (http://www.smalltalkhub.com/#!/~Magritte
> > http://www.smalltalkhub.com/#!/~Pier)
> > I pushed magritte3 and pier3 to these teams and will continue with the
> > addons and older versions.
> >
> > --
> > Damien Cassou
> > http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st
> >
> > "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another without
> > losing enthusiasm."
> > Winston Churchill

www.tudorgirba.com

"No matter how many recipes we know, we still value a chef."

Re: Migrating to SmalltalkHub

Damien Cassou
ok, I copied all mcz to their respective projects on the Magritte and Pier teams of SmalltalkHub.

http://www.smalltalkhub.com/#!/~Magritte
http://www.smalltalkhub.com/#!/~Pier

In the Magritte team, there is a magritte3 (lowercase 'm') that is deprecated. Please use 'Magritte3' instead.

All the ones who requested are now part of both teams.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another without losing enthusiasm."
Winston Churchill

Re: Migrating to SmalltalkHub

Dale Henrichs
Damien,

Please add me to the Magritte and Pier teams...

Thanks,

Dale