Migration: Fonts , buttons, mnemonics

Farzana Shaik
Hi Team,

Our team is migrating from VisualAge Smalltalk version 6.0 to VA smalltalk 9.2.
We are facing few issues which are listed below: Kindly help with relevant information.

1> The fonts are not same as of the previous version 6.0. As recommended in the migration document of VAST 9.2 we used the below statement in abt.ini under [CommonGraphics] section.
it did not resolve the issue.

widgetFontName=pre92SystemEquivalentFontName

2>  The buttons or text boxes  are not having 2D shade/glint or button shadow is not appearing. Our client expecting the button appears same as that of the version 6.0.

3> Mnemoics were removed over button labels and did not provide any alternative approach for it.

if anyone knew any solution, kindly help.

Regards
Subhani.

Re: Migration: Fonts , buttons, mnemonics

Seth Berman
Greetings Subhani,

I'm assuming your company has an existing support contract with Instantiations?
If so, please reach out to our support channel and we will put engineering staff on this issue immediately.

Please send an email to [hidden email] with your company name and the requested

Since you provided most of the information here, you can also just reference this post and our staff will
find it and copy it into our case management system.

Kind Regards,

- Seth