Migration Manual for Pharo 1.1 ?

Johannes Rasche
Hi Folks,

I just wanted to install my work on version 1.1 and was surprised
to discover changes which leave me alone to find out for myself how to change my code :

WorldMenu (I wrote  a subclass of PasteUpMorph)
NaturalLanguageTranslator  (what is the "gettext package" mentioned in the class comment? - cannot find a menu to edit translations - hidden sowhere?)

possibly more surprises to come ....

some backwardcompatibilty support would have been nice
and
some examples

But I like to point out as well, that Pharo is improving from release to release - thanks for that !!!!

Thanks in advance

Johannes Rasche
Hagelberger Str. 56
10965 Berlin

skype: johannesrasche
fon: +49-30-7469 4425 (skypeIn)
fax: +49-30-315 66 821

Re: Migration Manual for Pharo 1.1 ?

Alain Plantec-4
  Le 11/10/2010 13:27, Johannes Rasche a écrit :

> Hi Folks,
>
> I just wanted to install my work on version 1.1 and was surprised
> to discover changes which leave me alone to find out for myself how to
> change my code :
>
> WorldMenu (I wrote  a subclass of PasteUpMorph)
> NaturalLanguageTranslator  (what is the "gettext package" mentioned in
> the class comment? - cannot find a menu to edit translations - hidden
> sowhere?)
/Hi Johannes,
arrrh, lack of man power...
concerning the world menu, have a look at
http://book.pharo-project.org/book/TipsAndTricks/WorldMenuRegistration
then just ask more questions if you need, it will give us the
opportunity to improve the documentation.
Cheers
Alain
/

> possibly more surprises to come ....
>
> some backwardcompatibilty support would have been nice
> and
> some examples
>
> But I like to point out as well, that Pharo is improving from release
> to release - thanks for that !!!!
>
> Thanks in advance
>

> /Johannes Rasche/
> /Hagelberger Str. 56/
> /10965 Berlin/
> /
> /
> /mail: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>/
> /skype: johannesrasche/
> /www: http://myNeat.de/
> /fon: +49-30-7469 4425 (skypeIn)/
> /fax: +49-30-315 66 821/

Re: Migration Manual for Pharo 1.1 ?

Hi

we should improve from that side, but unfortunately we do not have enough man power to build tool
that could support it.

Stef

On Oct 11, 2010, at 1:28 PM, Johannes Rasche wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I just wanted to install my work on version 1.1 and was surprised
> to discover changes which leave me alone to find out for myself how to change my code :
>
> WorldMenu (I wrote  a subclass of PasteUpMorph)
> NaturalLanguageTranslator  (what is the "gettext package" mentioned in the class comment? - cannot find a menu to edit translations - hidden sowhere?)
>
> possibly more surprises to come ....
>
> some backwardcompatibilty support would have been nice
> and
> some examples
>
> But I like to point out as well, that Pharo is improving from release to release - thanks for that !!!!
>
> Thanks in advance
>

> Johannes Rasche
> Hagelberger Str. 56
> 10965 Berlin
>
> mail: [hidden email]
> skype: johannesrasche
> www: http://myNeat.de
> fon: +49-30-7469 4425 (skypeIn)
> fax: +49-30-315 66 821

Re: Migration Manual for Pharo 1.1 ?

Johannes Rasche
Thanks Alain, Stef and Mariano for fast answer.

I assume that will help.

Possibly I can contribute to improve documentation by carefull reading, trying and so on

Johannes

[...]

Welcome and any help is welcome.