MimeType problems

Stéphane Ducasse

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Philippe Marschall <[hidden email]>
> Date: February 15, 2009 4:02:05 PM CEST
> To: Seaside - general discussion <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: [Seaside] don't update to the latest Pharo
> >

> 2009/2/15, Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]>:
>> he filed an issue: http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?
>> id=527
>
> Further analysis shows there are additional problems:
> MIMEDocument defaultContentType
> returns now an instance of MIMEType instead of a String which doesn't
> understand #indexOf:
>
> *must not add troll comment about static typing*
>
> I see three ways how "we" (= you & Giovanni) can proceed
> - make a fork of Kom for Pharo
> - decouple Kom from MIMEDocument
> - revert the changes done to MIMEDocument
>
> Additionally there is:
> http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7285
>
> Cheers
> Philippe

Re: MimeType problems

Michael Rueger-6
On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 4:56 PM, Stéphane Ducasse
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: Philippe Marschall <[hidden email]>
>> Date: February 15, 2009 4:02:05 PM CEST
>> To: Seaside - general discussion <[hidden email]>
>> Subject: Re: [Seaside] don't update to the latest Pharo
>> >

>> 2009/2/15, Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]>:
>>> he filed an issue: http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?
>>> id=527

added as comment to issue

If you add "asString" in the call in Kom it should work on both Squeak
and Pharo.

Making a fork most likely will be necessary at some point anyways, so
changing Kom to work with proper MIME type objects would a step in the
right direction IMHO.

Decoupling would reduce reuse of existing classes.
Reverting the change would break consistency of method naming.

Michael

>> Further analysis shows there are additional problems:
>> MIMEDocument defaultContentType
>> returns now an instance of MIMEType instead of a String which doesn't
>> understand #indexOf:
>>
>> *must not add troll comment about static typing*
>>
>> I see three ways how "we" (= you & Giovanni) can proceed
>> - make a fork of Kom for Pharo
>> - decouple Kom from MIMEDocument
>> - revert the changes done to MIMEDocument
>>
>> Additionally there is:
>> http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7285
>>
>> Cheers
>> Philippe

Re: MimeType problems

Stéphane Ducasse
Ok mike did you see the reset database DNU problem ?

Stef

On Feb 15, 2009, at 6:04 PM, Michael Rueger wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 4:56 PM, Stéphane Ducasse
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>> Begin forwarded message:
>>
>>> From: Philippe Marschall <[hidden email]>
>>> Date: February 15, 2009 4:02:05 PM CEST
>>> To: Seaside - general discussion
>>> <[hidden email]>
>>> Subject: Re: [Seaside] don't update to the latest Pharo

> added as comment to issue
>
> If you add "asString" in the call in Kom it should work on both Squeak
> and Pharo.
>
> Making a fork most likely will be necessary at some point anyways, so
> changing Kom to work with proper MIME type objects would a step in the
> right direction IMHO.
>
> Decoupling would reduce reuse of existing classes.
> Reverting the change would break consistency of method naming.
>
> Michael
>

>>> Further analysis shows there are additional problems:
>>> MIMEDocument defaultContentType
>>> returns now an instance of MIMEType instead of a String which
>>> doesn't
>>> understand #indexOf:
>>>
>>> *must not add troll comment about static typing*
>>>
>>> I see three ways how "we" (= you & Giovanni) can proceed
>>> - make a fork of Kom for Pharo
>>> - decouple Kom from MIMEDocument
>>> - revert the changes done to MIMEDocument
>>>
>>> Additionally there is:
>>> http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7285
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Philippe

Re: MimeType problems

Michael Rueger-6
On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 6:20 PM, Stéphane Ducasse
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Ok mike did you see the reset database DNU problem ?

Yes, added a comment on the issue, but didn't have time to look at the
code yet though.

Michael

> Stef
>
> On Feb 15, 2009, at 6:04 PM, Michael Rueger wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 4:56 PM, Stéphane Ducasse
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>

>>> Begin forwarded message:

>> added as comment to issue
>>
>> If you add "asString" in the call in Kom it should work on both Squeak
>> and Pharo.
>>
>> Making a fork most likely will be necessary at some point anyways, so
>> changing Kom to work with proper MIME type objects would a step in the
>> right direction IMHO.
>>
>> Decoupling would reduce reuse of existing classes.
>> Reverting the change would break consistency of method naming.
>>
>> Michael

Re: MimeType problems

Stéphane Ducasse
Ok good