MiniScheme in Pharo

Stephane Ducasse-3
Hi

I finally decided to release the booklet I wrote about implementing a
minischeme in Pharo.
I did not announce it yet because I would like to get feedback and fix
what can be fixed.

https://files.pharo.org/books-pdfs/booklet-AMiniSchemeInPharo/2018-03-17-MiniScheme.pdf

Re: MiniScheme in Pharo

Clément Béra
p.3
simpliciyty -> simplicity

p.4
we will have the define their semantics.
-> to define ? I am not sure I understand the sentence

p.10
and may converted on the fly
-> and maybe ? I am not sure I understand the sentence

At the beginning I started to read and understood nothing, then I read a 24 slides lecture on lisp lists [1], then I restarted to read and understood One of my main problem was that what cdr does is explained p.7, while cdr is used p.3 for the first time and multiple times before p.7. But maybe you expect the reader to know scheme already.

On Sat, Mar 17, 2018 at 7:36 PM, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi

I finally decided to release the booklet I wrote about implementing a
minischeme in Pharo.
I did not announce it yet because I would like to get feedback and fix
what can be fixed.

https://files.pharo.org/books-pdfs/booklet-AMiniSchemeInPharo/2018-03-17-MiniScheme.pdf

Re: MiniScheme in Pharo

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Stephane Ducasse-3 wrote
> I would like to get feedback and fix
> what can be fixed.

Is there a public link to the source? It would be easiest to submit fixes
via PRs instead of ML :)

-----
Cheers,
Sean

Sean

Re: MiniScheme in Pharo

CyrilFerlicot

On dim. 18 mars 2018 at 16:24, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
Stephane Ducasse-3 wrote
> I would like to get feedback and fix
> what can be fixed.

Is there a public link to the source? It would be easiest to submit fixes
via PRs instead of ML :)

Probably

-----
Cheers,
Sean

Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr

Re: MiniScheme in Pharo

Stephane Ducasse-3
Yes there!

Tx in advance for copy edition.

Stef

On Sun, Mar 18, 2018 at 4:59 PM, Cyril Ferlicot
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On dim. 18 mars 2018 at 16:24, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Stephane Ducasse-3 wrote
>> > I would like to get feedback and fix
>> > what can be fixed.
>>
>> Is there a public link to the source? It would be easiest to submit fixes
>> via PRs instead of ML :)
>>

> Probably
>
> https://github.com/SquareBracketAssociates/Booklet-AMiniSchemeInPharo
>

>> -----
>> Cheers,
>> Sean
>> --
>> Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Pharo-Smalltalk-Users-f1310670.html
>>
> --
> Cyril Ferlicot
> https://ferlicot.fr

Re: MiniScheme in Pharo

Stephane Ducasse-3
Since I was born in lisp it looks natural to me so I will imporve the cdr use

tx for this feedback

On Sun, Mar 18, 2018 at 11:32 AM, Clément Bera <[hidden email]> wrote:

> p.3
> simpliciyty -> simplicity
>
> p.4
> we will have the define their semantics.
> -> to define ? I am not sure I understand the sentence
>
> p.10
> and may converted on the fly
> -> and maybe ? I am not sure I understand the sentence
>
> At the beginning I started to read and understood nothing, then I read a 24
> slides lecture on lisp lists [1], then I restarted to read and understood
> One of my main problem was that what cdr does is explained p.7, while cdr is
> used p.3 for the first time and multiple times before p.7. But maybe you
> expect the reader to know scheme already.
>
> [1] https://perso.liris.cnrs.fr/nathalie.guin/LIF3/Cours/Cours3-Listes.pdf
> (first result on google for me)
>
> On Sat, Mar 17, 2018 at 7:36 PM, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> I finally decided to release the booklet I wrote about implementing a
>> minischeme in Pharo.
>> I did not announce it yet because I would like to get feedback and fix
>> what can be fixed.
>>

>> https://files.pharo.org/books-pdfs/booklet-AMiniSchemeInPharo/2018-03-17-MiniScheme.pdf
>>
>> Stef
>>

> --
> Clément Béra
> https://clementbera.github.io/
> https://clementbera.wordpress.com/

Re: MiniScheme in Pharo

Stephane Ducasse-3
Clement I added a little section right at the beginning on car/cdr and others.

Tx