Minimum spec

Jeff Gray
I run Pharo on Win7 on a netbook and it works well. The only issue I have is the "intellisense". When I start typing a message it offers me some options in a list. To select anything but the first in the list takes upwards of 15 seconds. No biggy and I can certainly work round it.
Is there a minimum spec for Pharo?

Re: Minimum spec

Stéphane Ducasse
Welcome jeff.
This is strange.
which version are you running?

Stef

> I run Pharo on Win7 on a netbook and it works well. The only issue I have is
> the "intellisense". When I start typing a message it offers me some options
> in a list. To select anything but the first in the list takes upwards of 15
> seconds. No biggy and I can certainly work round it.
> Is there a minimum spec for Pharo?

Re: Minimum spec

Jeff Gray
Thanks Stef.

I'm running Pharo-1.1-11411

The symptom is when I press the keyboard arrows I get the delay.
Eg If perhaps 3 options pop up and I immediately press down arrow once and enter key then, after a long delay, the 2nd item in the list is used as expected.

Re: Minimum spec

Strange
is ti on long text?
or even on  small methods?

On Nov 3, 2010, at 2:52 AM, Jeff Gray wrote:

> Thanks Stef.
>
> I'm running Pharo-1.1-11411
>
> The symptom is when I press the keyboard arrows I get the delay.
> Eg If perhaps 3 options pop up and I immediately press down arrow once and
> enter key then, after a long delay, the 2nd item in the list is used as
> expected.

Re: Minimum spec

solar_sea
I've experienced the same using the initial 1.1 one-click release.
Using the latest one-click build from Luka's hudson - the issue is
gone.
Stanislav Paskalev

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 9:49 AM, Stéphane Ducasse
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Strange
> is ti on long text?
> or even on  small methods?
>
> On Nov 3, 2010, at 2:52 AM, Jeff Gray wrote:
>

>> Thanks Stef.
>>
>> I'm running Pharo-1.1-11411
>>
>> The symptom is when I press the keyboard arrows I get the delay.
>> Eg If perhaps 3 options pop up and I immediately press down arrow once and
>> enter key then, after a long delay, the 2nd item in the list is used as
>> expected.

Re: Minimum spec

Lukas Renggli
Yeah, try one of the builds from my server, e.g. one that contains all
the development tools:

    http://hudson.lukas-renggli.ch/job/Development/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/omnibrowser/*zip*/omnibrowser.zip

I don't load OCompletion ("intellisense"), but eCompletion that only
pops up when you press tab. It is much faster.

Lukas

On 3 November 2010 09:15, Stanislav Paskalev <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've experienced the same using the initial 1.1 one-click release.
> Using the latest one-click build from Luka's hudson - the issue is
> gone.
> Stanislav Paskalev
>

> On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 9:49 AM, Stéphane Ducasse
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Strange
>> is ti on long text?
>> or even on  small methods?
>>
>> On Nov 3, 2010, at 2:52 AM, Jeff Gray wrote:
>>

>>> Thanks Stef.
>>>
>>> I'm running Pharo-1.1-11411
>>>
>>> The symptom is when I press the keyboard arrows I get the delay.
>>> Eg If perhaps 3 options pop up and I immediately press down arrow once and
>>> enter key then, after a long delay, the 2nd item in the list is used as
>>> expected.
>>> --

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Minimum spec

Tudor Girba
Hi,

There was longer discussion on this topic a while back, and as far as I remember, this issue was supposed to be fixed in OCompletion as well. In any case, as the fix happened after the release of 1.1, it is not available in the Dev image.

Cheers,
Doru

On 3 Nov 2010, at 09:31, Lukas Renggli wrote:

> Yeah, try one of the builds from my server, e.g. one that contains all
> the development tools:
>
>    http://hudson.lukas-renggli.ch/job/Development/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/omnibrowser/*zip*/omnibrowser.zip
>
> I don't load OCompletion ("intellisense"), but eCompletion that only
> pops up when you press tab. It is much faster.
>
> Lukas
>

> On 3 November 2010 09:15, Stanislav Paskalev <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I've experienced the same using the initial 1.1 one-click release.
>> Using the latest one-click build from Luka's hudson - the issue is
>> gone.
>> Stanislav Paskalev
>>

>> On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 9:49 AM, Stéphane Ducasse
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Strange
>>> is ti on long text?
>>> or even on  small methods?

> Lukas Renggli
> www.lukas-renggli.ch

www.tudorgirba.com

"Every now and then stop and ask yourself if the war you're fighting is the right one."