Minor GUI glitch with Pharo 1.0 on Mac

LawsonEnglish
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAFpA9VFlRE

Known issue?

Mac OS X Snow Leopard, latest release.

Lawson

Re: Minor GUI glitch with Pharo 1.0 on Mac

Marcus Denker-4

On Apr 15, 2010, at 8:07 PM, Lawson English wrote:

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAFpA9VFlRE
>

> Known issue?

Yes... known. It never bothered me enough to even add a bug report for it... ;-)

        Marcus

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

Marcus Denker wrote:

> On Apr 15, 2010, at 8:07 PM, Lawson English wrote:
>

>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAFpA9VFlRE
>>

>> Known issue?
>>

> Yes... known. It never bothered me enough to even add a bug report for it... ;-)
>
> Marcus

/me shrugs. When I point newbies to an official first release, I'm
hoping that there are no immediately obvious glitches when they first
run it. I noticed it before as well, but I assumed it was an artifact of
debugging mode.

On Apr 15, 2010, at 8:39 PM, Lawson English wrote:

> Marcus Denker wrote:
>> On Apr 15, 2010, at 8:07 PM, Lawson English wrote:
>>

>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAFpA9VFlRE
>>>

>>> Known issue?
>>>

>> Yes... known. It never bothered me enough to even add a bug report for it... ;-)
>>
>> Marcus
>>

> /me shrugs. When I point newbies to an official first release, I'm hoping that there are no immediately obvious glitches when they first run it. I noticed it before as well, but I assumed it was an artifact of debugging mode.

I always wonder why people expect the release to be magically different from the Release Candidate... a deep mystery :-)

        Marcus

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

Re: Minor GUI glitch with Pharo 1.0 on Mac

Oscar Nierstrasz

Yes, it bothered me.  It looks unprofessional.

- on

On Apr 15, 2010, at 20:39, Lawson English wrote:

> Marcus Denker wrote:
>> On Apr 15, 2010, at 8:07 PM, Lawson English wrote:
>>

>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAFpA9VFlRE
>>>

>>> Known issue?
>>>

>> Yes... known. It never bothered me enough to even add a bug report for it... ;-)
>>
>> Marcus
>>

> /me shrugs. When I point newbies to an official first release, I'm hoping that there are no immediately obvious glitches when they first run it. I noticed it before as well, but I assumed it was an artifact of debugging mode.
>

> Lawson

Re: Minor GUI glitch with Pharo 1.0 on Mac

Stéphane Ducasse
Simple.
        - Enter a bug entry.
        - Say it in the mailing-list.
        - Send fix.

Consider that Pharo is not our stuff but OUR stuff.

Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> Simple.
> - Enter a bug entry.
> - Say it in the mailing-list.
> - Send fix.
>
> Consider that Pharo is not our stuff but OUR stuff.
>
> Stef

Sorry. Definitely did NOT want to seem like a critical non-contributor
(though I am both, I'm afraid).

At this point, I have no idea how to figure out what is wrong, letalone
how to fix it.

Lawson

Re: Minor GUI glitch with Pharo 1.0 on Mac

Stéphane Ducasse
this is not a problem but reporting is the first step.
Now I imagine that we should get a resize window event and react to it.
On Apr 15, 2010, at 9:19 PM, Lawson English wrote:

> Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>> Simple.
>> - Enter a bug entry.
>> - Say it in the mailing-list.
>> - Send fix.
>>
>> Consider that Pharo is not our stuff but OUR stuff.
>>
>> Stef
>>

> Sorry. Definitely did NOT want to seem like a critical non-contributor (though I am both, I'm afraid).
>
> At this point, I have no idea how to figure out what is wrong, letalone how to fix it.
>
> Lawson

Re: Minor GUI glitch with Pharo 1.0 on Mac

Mariano Martinez Peck
It is already reported...sorry no time to search it in the bug tracker

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 4:53 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:
It is already reported...sorry no time to search it in the bug tracker

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 9:22 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
this is not a problem but reporting is the first step.
Now I imagine that we should get a resize window event and react to it.
On Apr 15, 2010, at 9:19 PM, Lawson English wrote:

> Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>> Simple.
>>      - Enter a bug entry.
>>      - Say it in the mailing-list.
>>      - Send fix.
>>
>> Consider that Pharo is not our stuff but OUR stuff.
>>
>> Stef
>>

> Sorry. Definitely did NOT want to seem like a critical non-contributor (though I am both, I'm afraid).
>
> At this point, I have no idea how to figure out what is wrong, letalone how to fix it.
>
> Lawson

Re: Minor GUI glitch with Pharo 1.0 on Mac

Stéphane Ducasse
but this is fixed in 1.1 :)