Minor deployment problem

Ian Bartholomew-21
Rename the HelloWorldSesionManager class and then try and deploy the
Hello World sample package.  The deployment exits immediately with a
rather unfriendly "must close" error because there is now an empty
SessionManager field.  Perhaps the deployment manager could do a sanity
check before starting the deployment and generate some more helpful
error messages?

Threw me a bit because there was a long time gap between renaming the
class and attempting a deployment.

--
Ian

Use the Reply-To address to contact me (limited validity).

Re: Minor deployment problem

Blair McGlashan-4
"Ian Bartholomew" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...
> Rename the HelloWorldSesionManager class and then try and deploy the Hello
> World sample package.  The deployment exits immediately with a rather
> unfriendly "must close" error because there is now an empty SessionManager
> field.  Perhaps the deployment manager could do a sanity check before
> starting the deployment and generate some more helpful error messages?
>
> Threw me a bit because there was a long time gap between renaming the
> class and attempting a deployment.

Ian, when I try to do this I immediately get the error
'''C:\Object Arts\dev\Dolphin6\Hello World.pak'' - The system cannot find
the file specified.'

This is because the class is not present in the image, and so the system
attempts to load it as a binary packaged class.

This happens immediately I press Deploy from the wizard, so it doesn't get
any further.

What steps exactly are you following?

Regards

Blair

Re: Minor deployment problem

Ian Bartholomew-21
Blair,

> Ian, when I try to do this I immediately get the error
> '''C:\Object Arts\dev\Dolphin6\Hello World.pak'' - The system cannot find
> the file specified.'

That's strange.

> What steps exactly are you following?

Start a clean 6.02 image

Open a ClassBrowser

Use the find to go to the HelloWorldSessionManager class

Use the tree editor (or the refactoring browser) to rename the class -
just add an X to the end

DoubleClick on the package in the status bar to open the PackageBrowser

RightClick on the HelloWorld package then Deployment/Deploy Executable

Press the deploy button.

The image is saved then I immediately get the dialog saying that the
following error (UndefinedObject does not understand
#isConsoleApplication) occurred while stripping and the image MUST exit
immediately.