Minor mislaunchings

Chris Uppal-3
These are pretty trivial, and some may, anyway, be by design.

In the debugger, double clicking on an #doesNotUnderstand(Object) stack
frame brings up a CHB on Object, not the actual class of the receiver.  This
is a regression since D4.

The Tools=>System Browser menu item on the System Folder, CHB, etc. ignores
the #systemBrowserClass setting and always brings up an instance of
SystemBrowserShell.  This seems to be because the Tools menu ends up
invoking the #openBlock of the relevant SmalltalkSystemItem, and that
<niladicValuable> is a MessageSend of #show to SystemBrowserShell.
Presumably there are similar problems with the other items.

In the PB, "Inspect package" from the File menu ignores the InspectorClass
setting and brings up a PAI.  BTW, it'd be nice if <CTRL>+I worked in the
various panes of the PB too.

In the CHB, <CTRL>+I with focus in the one of the Categories, Protocols, or
Variables, panes, inspects the currently selected method or class, but
dabbing the Visual Object Inspector on same pane will inspect the
appropriate object.  That seems inconsistent to me, and feels wrong too (if
I want to inspect a method, I'll select that method first).

    -- chris

Re: Minor mislaunchings

Blair McGlashan
"Chris Uppal" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...
> These are pretty trivial, and some may, anyway, be by design.

Thanks anyway.

#722.

> The Tools=>System Browser menu item on the System Folder, CHB, etc.
ignores
> the #systemBrowserClass setting and always brings up an instance of
> SystemBrowserShell.  This seems to be because the Tools menu ends up
> invoking the #openBlock of the relevant SmalltalkSystemItem, and that
> <niladicValuable> is a MessageSend of #show to SystemBrowserShell.
> Presumably there are similar problems with the other items.

> In the PB, "Inspect package" from the File menu ignores the InspectorClass
> setting and brings up a PAI.  BTW, it'd be nice if <CTRL>+I worked in the
> various panes of the PB too.

That is by design. The menu item has been renamed from 'Properties' to
'Inspect Package', a mistake I feel. Renaming it back: #724.

#725.

Regards

Blair