Missing Find Class in Class Hierarchy Pane Menu

Missing Find Class in Class Hierarchy Pane Menu

Christoph J. Bachinger
Hi,
in the new beta 2 at the Class Hierarch Pane Menu I'm missing the entry Find
to search for a class. Where is it gone from beta 1?

Dolphin is nice work. Congratulations to OA
cjb

Re: Missing Find Class in Class Hierarchy Pane Menu

Christoph J. Bachinger
Hi folks,
for the very slow people like me :(. Click into the Go search bar, enter
your class name and press enter. :)

cjb

"Christoph J. Bachinger" <[hidden email]> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:[hidden email]...
> Hi,
> in the new beta 2 at the Class Hierarch Pane Menu I'm missing the entry
> Find to search for a class. Where is it gone from beta 1?
>
> Dolphin is nice work. Congratulations to OA
> cjb

Re: Missing Find Class in Class Hierarchy Pane Menu

Ian Bartholomew-20
Christoph,

> in the new beta 2 at the Class Hierarch Pane Menu I'm missing the entry Find
> to search for a class. Where is it gone from beta 1?

You can now type the class name in the little edit box on the toolbar
and press enter, or select from the list and press the search button.

My turn: I'm looking for the "Find methods containing text" option.  Any
pointers?

Ian

Re: Missing Find Class in Class Hierarchy Pane Menu

Andy Bower-3
Ian,

> My turn: I'm looking for the "Find methods containing text" option.
> Any pointers?

Try Method/Browser Other/Containing Text

Best regards

--
Andy Bower
Dolphin Support

Re: Missing Find Class in Class Hierarchy Pane Menu

Christoph J. Bachinger
Ian,

> My turn: I'm looking for the "Find methods containing text" option.  Any
> pointers?

Go to
Class Hierarchy Browser Menu to Entry
Methods ->
Browse Others ->
Containing Text -> Gotcha :)

My turn: Any idea how to find a class in a IdeaSpace opened
ClassHierarchyBrowser

CJB

Re: Missing Find Class in Class Hierarchy Pane Menu

Andy Bower-3
Christoph,

> My turn: Any idea how to find a class in a IdeaSpace opened
> ClassHierarchyBrowser

Erm.. I'm confused. It should be the same as finding a class anywhere
else. i.e. go to the search bar and type the class name and hit enter.

Are you saying that you can't see the search bar (the White field in
the toolbar) when the CHB is open inside an IdeaSpace?

FWIW, you should be able to type Ctrl+Shift+F in any tool followed by
the name of the thing you want to search for and then hit enter (you
may have to hit enter twice to dismiss the auto completion).

--
Andy Bower
Dolphin Support

Re: Missing Find Class in Class Hierarchy Pane Menu

Christoph J. Bachinger
Andy
> Are you saying that you can't see the search bar (the White field in
> the toolbar) when the CHB is open inside an IdeaSpace?

Sorry but the only toolbar icon in the IdeaSpace is the Save Image Icon.
at the left side and back, forward, move card left, move card right and
close this card at the right side
No searchbar anywhere.

But after reading your email i did further testing and now there is the
searchbar in my IdeaSpace.

Its a little bit confusing but I try to explain what happend. No idea why on
my side!
1. I downloaded Beta 2.
2. I started the new beta.
3. I looked at the new help (Press F1 and so on)
4. Saved the image as Prof.
5. Transfer the packages from the old Beta to the new Beta. (Worked fine)
6. Due testing and working a few minutes i explored a lonley subview
containing text (a class name of my Application) on the second Monitor of my
2 Monitor system. How it appeared (no idea). Now I think this was the
missing search bar.
7. I read your mail. Saved my image to Prof and close it. And started the
virgin professional image.
8. Opened a Ideaspace and oops I saw the search bar. I saved this image as
Prof2 and close.
9. I started the former prof.img and opened an aditional Ideaspace. Oops I
saw the search bar. Now I have three Ideaspaces without search bar and one
within. Thats the state at the moment.

What I should mention. I used Outlook Express and Thunderbird during the
above testing. My Application does not manipulate intentionally the Dolphin
Base System but used DX8.

I will do further testing.

cjb

Re: Missing Find Class in Class Hierarchy Pane Menu

Andy Bower-3
Christoph,

> Sorry but the only toolbar icon in the IdeaSpace is the Save Image
> Icon.  at the left side and back, forward, move card left, move card
> right and close this card at the right side
> No searchbar anywhere.

Okay, I think I see the problem. It is because the IdeaSpace toolbar is
not wrapping correctly when the window size is too small. I think if
you increase the size of the IdeaSpace window then the missing toolbars
will reappear. Let me know if this works.

Best Regards

--
Andy Bower
Dolphin Support

Re: Missing Find Class in Class Hierarchy Pane Menu

Christoph J. Bachinger
Andy,

> Okay, I think I see the problem. It is because the IdeaSpace toolbar is
> not wrapping correctly when the window size is too small. I think if
> you increase the size of the IdeaSpace window then the missing toolbars
> will reappear. Let me know if this works.

Yes after increasing the size I see the missing toolbars. :)

> 6. Due testing and working a few minutes i explored a lonley subview
> containing text (a class name of my Application) on the second Monitor of
> my
> 2 Monitor system. How it appeared (no idea). Now I think this was the
> missing search bar.

Forget this bullshit! It was a popup from a Scintilla view

Thanks
cjb

Re: Missing Find Class in Class Hierarchy Pane Menu

Blair McGlashan
"Christoph J. Bachinger" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...
> Forget this bullshit! It was a popup from a Scintilla view

What version of SciLexer.dll do you have in your Dolphin directory (the
program files directory that contains Dolphin.exe)?

Regards

Blair

Re: Missing Find Class in Class Hierarchy Pane Menu

Christoph J. Bachinger
Hi Blair,

> What version of SciLexer.dll do you have in your Dolphin directory (the
> program files directory that contains Dolphin.exe)?

SciLexer.dll
1.6.5.0

Regards

CJB