Missing Windows components?

Peter Kenny-2
I have successfully modified my system (Dolphin Pro 5.1.4 on Windows XP) so
that all panes can be scrolled with the mouse wheel, not just the active
pane. So far I have no identified side effects, except for one error message
reported to the Transcript, which I do not recall seeing before. In the
Class Browser, when I activate the class diagram tab and the diagram is big
enough to be scrollable, the Transcript button in the task bar flashes and
the Transcript contains the message:
Resource library msmask32.ocx could not be opened ('msmask32.ocx' (16r2: The
system cannot find the file specified.))
Resource library mscomct2.ocx could not be opened ('mscomct2.ocx' (16r2: The
system cannot find the file specified.))
My disk does not contain either of the .ocx files mentioned. Should they be
there? The class diagram (or the class MoenTreeView) presented the only real
problem in making the scroll wheel changes, and I just wonder whether I have
inadvertently messed up something.

Grateful for any suggestions. If anyone would like to look at the scroll
wheel changes, let me know.

Peter Kenny

Re: Missing Windows components?

Ian Bartholomew-19
Peter,

> My disk does not contain either of the .ocx files mentioned. Should they
> be
> there?

Possibly not.  msmask32 and mscomct2 are licensed dlls and are only
distributable by Microsoft when they are bundled with a MS tool.  The
Dolphin wrappers to the dlls can therefore only be used if you have one of
those MS tools installed - and you get the error message if you haven't.

Have a look at the MaskedEdit and MonthView class comments for a little more
detail

Ian

Use the Reply-To address to contact me.

Re: Missing Windows components?

Peter Kenny-2
"Ian Bartholomew" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...

> Have a look at the MaskedEdit and MonthView class comments for a little
more
> detail

Ian

Thanks for this. I don't have VB or any other such tool loaded, so the
missing components are OK. I have found that the error messages are produced
whenever I open a browser on these classes. So the connection with the class
diagram was pure coincidence - I just happened to have chosen class View and
its subclasses to test the scrolling of the class diagram, and this seems to
have automatically opened every subclass, including these two.

At least I can now use the scroll wheel modifications without worry!

Thanks again

Peter