[Mm10s] 2019-11-25

EstebanLM
Hello, still working on enhance our communication, this week the core team will start informing our weekly todo.
This is something we were using internally with success but now we will make it public, and it will include three points : last week work, this week work and what we have in our pipeline.
(NOTE: This mail does not replaces the monthly report but complements it).

So, I will start :)

### Last week:

- [Spec2] Add search capability to lists/tables/trees.
- [Spec2+Gtk3] Ensuring the parts that needs to run on main thread are correctly deferred there.
- [VM] Adding ways to control whether we run the VM on main thread or worker thread.
- [VM] Merging AIO interrupt branch, Worker thread branch and headless branch.
- [VM] Preparing a linux machine to debug the vm and gtk3 spec2 backend there.

### This week (starting 2019-11-25):

- [Spec2] Add search capability to lists/tables/trees.
- [Spec2+Gtk3] Ensuring the parts that needs to run on main thread are correctly deferred there.
- [VM] Verify some problems where AIO should interrupt and it does not doit, causing the vm to not respond to events.

### Pipeline

- [Release] Prepare checklist to release of Pharo 8.
- [Spec2] Search and filters on list/tables/trees.
- [Spec2] Fix radio buttons.
- [VM] debug AIO and worker thread VMs on linux and windows.
- [NewTools] Create miller list paginator to make inspector panes more visible.
- [NewTools] Enhance Inspector (several tasks here).

Re: [Mm10s] 2019-11-25

ducasse
Thanks Esteban this is great
The underlying message is not only that users understand what we are doing but also that they can raise questions and notify us in case
we have missed some key PR or issues.

### Last week:

- [Pharo] making sure enlumineur the new formatter is loading perfectly
- [Mooc] Analysing videos
- [Pharo] Starting to work on fluid class parser

### This week (starting 2019-11-25):

- [PBE 8]
- [Mooc] Analysing videos
- [Pharo] Adding enlumineur

### Pipeline

- [Pharo] Fix broken executable comments
- [Pharo] Help release
- [PBE 8]
- [Mooc]

Re: [Mm10s] 2019-11-25

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
ducasse wrote
> Thanks Esteban this is great

Yes, thanks! Very interesting and helpful :)

-----
Cheers,
Sean

Sean

Re: [Mm10s] 2019-11-25

Steven Costiou-2

### Last week:

- halt/breakpoint manager in the spec debugger: see all halt/breakpoints and (de)activate them in one click. When deactivated, a halt/breakpoint just prints a log message in the Transcript.

- Pharo IOT book writing

### This week (starting 2019-11-25):

- Pharo IOT book writing

- add a "watch variable" window in the debugger to track variables during debugging

### Pipeline

- Pharo IOT book

- Enhancing the spec debugger: better breakpoint support, adding missing features (menus, options), fixing bugs

- Integrating object-centric debugging in the spec2 tools

- Writing a chapter/documentation about the Pharo debugger

Re: [Mm10s] 2019-11-25

ducasse
Thanks steven
If you need beta tester please let me know.

S.

Le 2019-11-28 14:15, ducasse a écrit :

Thanks steven
If you need beta tester please let me know.

Yes please, the halt/bp window in the debugger needs feedback.
Start a P8 image, then reload spec https://github.com/pharo-spec/Spec then load NewTools https://github.com/pharo-spec/NewTools

It should be active by default.

Steven.

S.

On 28 Nov 2019, at 11:29, Steven Costiou <[hidden email]> wrote:

### Last week:

- halt/breakpoint manager in the spec debugger: see all halt/breakpoints and (de)activate them in one click. When deactivated, a halt/breakpoint just prints a log message in the Transcript.

- Pharo IOT book writing

### This week (starting 2019-11-25):

- Pharo IOT book writing

- add a "watch variable" window in the debugger to track variables during debugging

### Pipeline

- Pharo IOT book

- Enhancing the spec debugger: better breakpoint support, adding missing features (menus, options), fixing bugs

- Integrating object-centric debugging in the spec2 tools

- Writing a chapter/documentation about the Pharo debugger

[Mm10s] 2019-12-02

EstebanLM

### Last week:

- [Spec2] Add search capability to lists/tables/trees 9first iteration finished).
- [VM] Merge of all “on going" branches : headless, AIO interrupt, worker thread.
- [Gtk] Some fixes to gtk main run loop
- [voyage] Make Voyage-Unqlite work with new TFFI
- [objcbridge] Make ObjCBridget work with new TFFI (and execute on main thread).

### This week (starting 2019-12-02):

- [Release[ Prepare Pharo8 release checklist.
- [Spec2] Extend search functionality from basic functionality
- [Spec2+Gtk] Find a way to test search on Gtk backend

### Pipeline

- [Release] Pharo 8 Release.
- [Spec2] Search and filters on list/tables/trees.
- [Spec2] Fix radio buttons.
- [VM] debug AIO and worker thread VMs on linux and windows.
- [NewTools] Create miller list paginator to make inspector panes more visible.
- [NewTools] Enhance Inspector (several tasks here).

(Yep, pipeline didn’t change :P)