[Mm10s] 2020-03-16

EstebanLM
### Last week:

    * Spec2: remove usages of SpLayout
    * [spec2] Make SpCodePresenter work with the new completion engine (from Guille's complishion).
    This will require to install it (until it is integrated in Pharo 9)
    * [spec2] enhance the mapping of Gtk3 key codes to internal pharo key codes. Anyway, we need a
    different way to declare keybindings using real codes (so we can map Fkeys for example).
    * [spec2] in gtk3, fix an annoying "non-bug" on syntax highlighting: it was spreading warnings of
    "variable undeclared" while parsing the entered text, filling the transcript with undesired
    output.
    * [Spec2] extract deprecations into a loadable package
    * [spec2] remove deprecated usages on EyeInspector and in addition make it work again (but it
    still need some love)
    * [Spec2] fix a bug where the traverse of presenters was not working because new layout
    mechanism accepts any kind of presenter to be there, not just a symbol.
    * [spec2] finished integration of v0.3
    * [big-images] modified fast table to work also with a "generator" approach. This change introduces
    this dimension without affecting the regular behavior.(this is useful to display things that need time
    to be calculated).
    * [ejdb] enhance a bit persistence queries adding regex support.

### This week (starting 2020-03-16):

    * Work mostly on Spec2 side (mostly aligning changes from morphic to gtk3 backend,
    but I will also take some issues around.
    * Put on a “big-images” baseline to load and use when you have images that takes > 1G (or
    you want/speed up because of any reason).

Re: [Mm10s] 2020-03-16

tesonep@gmail.com
> Monday morning, time for the weekly mail meeting in 10 seconds!
> (just reply, inserting bullet points)
>
> ### Last week:

- Fixing Generator to correctly handle dead contexts.
- [LargeImages] Adding a name cache to RPackageOrganizer.
- 5840-FT2Error-reading-new-face-from-file
- [LargeImages] Integrating Spotter and Aleph indexes
- [LargeImages] Adding OptimizedTrie indexes to aleph
- Fixing MC with complex trait compositions in:
- Pharo 9
- Backport for Pharo 8
- Checking the work of Ronie
- [LargeImages] Improving Spotter
- Fixing Font lookup directories in Windows
- Exploring the performance issues of PharoCOM

> ### This week (starting 2020-03-16):

Something from here:

- Fixing Package List / Categories in Calypso
- Fixing Embedded Fonts Issue
- Adding a label to a PR when it has no test errors.
- [LargeImages] Implementing a better Spotter: Integrating indexes.
- [LargeImages] Implementing indexes in a reusable way.
- [Pharo9] Propose a PR for Fuel to support Sista
- [VM] Fixing Tests in Idle
- [Doc] Pass on VM booklet: Callback chapter / Preface
- [VM] Documenting GC, participating in the GC code dojo.
- [LargeImages] Working on improving the speed and responsiveness of
large images.
- [VM] SDL Plugin for Idle
- [VM] Improving Speed of TFFI
- [VM] REPL example  / Interacting with an image from outside (?)
- [PharoCOM] Making it run with TFFI
- [VM] Writing tests for JIT generation

--
Pablo Tesone.