[Mm10s] 2020-04-13

tesonep@gmail.com
Monday morning, time for the weekly status mail in 10 seconds!

### Last week:

- Reviewing Iceberg PR
- Pharo-COM problem with BSTR
- VM Printing Errors & Messages
- [PharoCOM] Pharo 7 errors
- Testing LLVM capabilities as Testable JIT: Impossible to extract the
machine code without reading the object format.
- Fixing problem with WorldMorph install
- Consortium Meeting
- Journal Club: Pretenuring - Multiples Edens & Application Servers
optimizations
- Async Files / Async Streams (WIP)
- [VM] Writing tests for JIT generation with Guille (WIP)
- Checking large image problems.
- Improving crash reports of the VM in endless loops.

 ### This week (starting 2020-04-13):

- [Port to Pharo 8] Traits in class side fix
- New iceberg release: Issue 1356
- [VM] Fix symbolic links in Pharo8 VM
- Fixing Package List / Categories in Calypso
- [VM] Fixing Tests in Idle.
- Adding a label to a PR when it has no test errors.
- [Pharo9] Propose a PR for Fuel to support Sista
- [Doc] Pass on VM booklet: Callback chapter / Preface
- [VM] Documenting GC, participating in the GC code dojo.
- [VM] SDL Plugin for Idle.
- [VM] Improving Speed of TFFI.
- [VM] REPL example  / Interacting with an image from outside (?)
- [PharoCOM] Making it run with TFFI.
- [VM] Writing tests for JIT generation
- [OSSubprocess] Integrate Pavel + Christophe windows version.
- [VM/Image] New version of Async Streams and use them with StdOut and StdErr

--
Pablo Tesone.

Re: [Mm10s] 2020-04-13

EstebanLM

Monday morning, time for the weekly status mail in 10 seconds!

### Last week:

Features implemented:
    * Spec2: Popovers, low level event handler (focus, mouse and keyboard events).
    * NewTools: playground now uses popover to display print results.

Detail log:

    * [spec2] colors in morphic SpStyle now accept named or hex definitions (too illegible to add
    them as Color decomposed STON expressions)
    * [spec2] propagateNaturalWidth/propagateNaturalHeight now works for SpTextPresenter
    * [newtools] fix the problem on the shortcut handling (they were ignored)
    * [spec2] text presenter. While fixing propagateNaturalHeight: I needed to revisit how styles
    are applied: basically before I was passing from top to bottom style applying it and now I
    realise that I cannot because I need to be able to reset the style (case .application and .text
    with the height of components). So I developped a merge function and I apply that. And now I
    broke propagateNaturalWidth: :(
    * [spec2] finally, the popovers with text presenters and propagation of width/height are working!
    * [newTools] printIt command for playground now uses popover
    * [spec2] fix a problem where removing a presenter that was resolved from a symbol (a possible
    case when declaring layouts) was failing.
    * [spec2] added lowlevel eventHandler. Now presenters can plug to low level
    events: focus/mouse/keyboard.

### This week (starting 2020-04-13):

- Forced Holidays :)