Mobile

Pierce Ng-3
Hi all,

What libraries/frameworks are you using to develop for mobile clients?

I know of Bootstrap and MaterialDesignLite. Also, I've just committed changes
to JQueryMobile on STH to make it work on Pharo 6.1.

Btw, I loaded Seaside using this snippet:

  Metacello new
    baseline:'Seaside3';
    repository: 'github://SeasideSt/Seaside:master/repository';
    load

Iceberg says loaded version is "0f8a24f (8 Feb 2018)" and Monticello Browser says
"Seaside-XXX (JohanBrichau.1518024618)".

What is the right way to refer to this version of Seaside installed?

Pierce
tty

Re: Mobile

tty
Hi Pierce

I am using Zurb Foundation on a project (no Smalltalk library yet, I am writing one now modeled on TBS).

I am very pleased with it so far.

---- On Sat, 17 Mar 2018 11:13:42 -0400 Pierce Ng<[hidden email]> wrote ----
Hi all,

What libraries/frameworks are you using to develop for mobile clients?

I know of Bootstrap and MaterialDesignLite. Also, I've just committed changes
to JQueryMobile on STH to make it work on Pharo 6.1.

Btw, I loaded Seaside using this snippet:

Metacello new
baseline:'Seaside3';
repository: 'github://SeasideSt/Seaside:master/repository';
load

Iceberg says loaded version is "0f8a24f (8 Feb 2018)" and Monticello Browser says
"Seaside-XXX (JohanBrichau.1518024618)".

What is the right way to refer to this version of Seaside installed?

Pierce

Re: Mobile

Esteban A. Maringolo
I don't like JQueryMobile much, it looks outdated to my taste, but it
has some building blocks that certainly help when building mobile UI
with HTML/CSS.

I'm currently writing a desktop app and checking whether it works in
tablets and mobiles, and for that purpose using Bootstrap with the
responsive classes proved to be the best option. You might need to
implement some "navigation" scaffolding though, but with Seaside
that's easily doable.

Regards,

Esteban A. Maringolo