Models represent versions that have a timestamp

Models represent versions that have a timestamp

Mircea Filip Lungu
Hi guys,

Our students in the SDE class are implementing a DeadCodeDetector tool
as their project. They use Moose and combine static, dynamic,
multi-version, and ecosystem analysis to provide a solution.

During a discussion in class I realized that it would make sense if
the MooseModel for a system should have a timestamp associated with it
that would uniquely identify the version of the system under analysis.
Is there any alternative to putting a date in the MooseModel that I'm
not aware of?

M.

--
Dr. Mircea Lungu
Researcher

Re: Models represent versions that have a timestamp

Tudor Girba-2
Any entity in Moose has an extensible state. That means that you can
add a property dynamically.

You obtain the state like:
self privateState.

If you want to add this as an explicit property, you should extend the
entity with a method.

A short description of the mechanism is provided here:
http://www.themoosebook.org/book/internals/models/entity

Cheers,
Doru

On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 12:38 PM, Mircea Filip Lungu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Our students in the SDE class are implementing a DeadCodeDetector tool
> as their project. They use Moose and combine static, dynamic,
> multi-version, and ecosystem analysis to provide a solution.
>
> During a discussion in class I realized that it would make sense if
> the MooseModel for a system should have a timestamp associated with it
> that would uniquely identify the version of the system under analysis.
> Is there any alternative to putting a date in the MooseModel that I'm
> not aware of?
>
> M.
>
> --
> Dr. Mircea Lungu
> Researcher
> Software Composition Group
> University of Bern

www.tudorgirba.com

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: Models represent versions that have a timestamp

Mircea Filip Lungu-2
Thanks Doru, that makes sense!

M.