[Mondrian] how to add mooseMenu + my own menu items

[Mondrian] how to add mooseMenu + my own menu items

cdelaunay
Hello,

When I want to view the moose menu by right-clicking on a mondrian element, I have to add this to the script:

                  view interaction menuMorphBlock: [ :element | element mooseMenuMorph ].

But, when I also want to have my own specific action:

                  view item: 'browse code' action: [:element | UIManager default edit: element sourceCode].

this last one does not appear in the menu.
Is there any way to do that (to have both the moose menu and my own actions in a same frame)?

Re: [Mondrian] how to add mooseMenu + my own menu items

Veronica Isabel Uquillas Gomez
Hi Cyrille,

it is using:

view interaction item: ......

On 19 May 2010, at 11:03, Cyrille Delaunay wrote:

> Hello,
>
> When I want to view the moose menu by right-clicking on a mondrian element, I have to add this to the script:
>
>                   view interaction menuMorphBlock: [ :element | element mooseMenuMorph ].
>
> But, when I also want to have my own specific action:
>
>                   view item: 'browse code' action: [:element | UIManager default edit: element sourceCode].
>
> this last one does not appear in the menu.
> Is there any way to do that (to have both the moose menu and my own actions in a same frame)?

Re: [Mondrian] how to add mooseMenu + my own menu items

cdelaunay
Ok
But when I wrote

    view interaction menuMorphBlock: [ :element | element mooseMenuMorph ].
    view item: 'browse code' action: [:element | UIManager default edit: element sourceCode].

The item 'browse code' doesn't appear in the menu (probably because the mooseMenu is set as menu and can not be changed).
I wonder if there is an easy way to have a menu with: (mooseMenu items + my own items)

2010/5/19 Veronica Isabel Uquillas Gomez <[hidden email]>
Hi Cyrille,

it is using:

view interaction item: ......

On 19 May 2010, at 11:03, Cyrille Delaunay wrote:

> Hello,
>
> When I want to view the moose menu by right-clicking on a mondrian element, I have to add this to the script:
>
>                   view interaction menuMorphBlock: [ :element | element mooseMenuMorph ].
>
> But, when I also want to have my own specific action:
>
>                   view item: 'browse code' action: [:element | UIManager default edit: element sourceCode].
>
> this last one does not appear in the menu.
> Is there any way to do that (to have both the moose menu and my own actions in a same frame)?

Re: [Mondrian] how to add mooseMenu + my own menu items

Tudor Girba
Hi,

The problem is that Mondrian either expects a morph or a list of
actions.

If you want to add your item to the Moose menu, you have to add it to
the MenuMorph.

For example:
menu := FAMIXClass new mooseMenuMorph.
menu
                add: 'Your item '
                target: [ 'x' inspect ]
                selector: #value.
menu openInWorld

Cheers,
Doru

On 20 May 2010, at 09:57, Cyrille Delaunay wrote:

> Ok
> But when I wrote
>
>     view interaction menuMorphBlock: [ :element | element
> mooseMenuMorph ].
>     view item: 'browse code' action: [:element | UIManager default
> edit: element sourceCode].
>
> The item 'browse code' doesn't appear in the menu (probably because
> the mooseMenu is set as menu and can not be changed).
> I wonder if there is an easy way to have a menu with: (mooseMenu
> items + my own items)
>
> 2010/5/19 Veronica Isabel Uquillas Gomez <[hidden email]>
> Hi Cyrille,
>
> it is using:
>
> view interaction item: ......
>

> On 19 May 2010, at 11:03, Cyrille Delaunay wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > When I want to view the moose menu by right-clicking on a mondrian
> element, I have to add this to the script:
> >
> >                   view interaction menuMorphBlock: [ :element |
> element mooseMenuMorph ].
> >
> > But, when I also want to have my own specific action:
> >
> >                   view item: 'browse code' action: [:element |
> UIManager default edit: element sourceCode].
> >
> > this last one does not appear in the menu.
> > Is there any way to do that (to have both the moose menu and my
> own actions in a same frame)?

www.tudorgirba.com

"Speaking louder won't make the point worthier."

Re: [Mondrian] how to add mooseMenu + my own menu items

Alexandre Bergel-4
I haven't had a look at it yet.
I will address this soon. It has been asked more than once already.

Cheers,
Alexandre

On 21 May 2010, at 07:02, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The problem is that Mondrian either expects a morph or a list of actions.
>
> If you want to add your item to the Moose menu, you have to add it to the MenuMorph.
>
> For example:
> menu := FAMIXClass new mooseMenuMorph.
> menu
> add: 'Your item '
> target: [ 'x' inspect ]
> selector: #value.
> menu openInWorld
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>
> On 20 May 2010, at 09:57, Cyrille Delaunay wrote:
>
>> Ok
>> But when I wrote
>>
>>    view interaction menuMorphBlock: [ :element | element mooseMenuMorph ].
>>    view item: 'browse code' action: [:element | UIManager default edit: element sourceCode].
>>
>> The item 'browse code' doesn't appear in the menu (probably because the mooseMenu is set as menu and can not be changed).
>> I wonder if there is an easy way to have a menu with: (mooseMenu items + my own items)
>>
>> 2010/5/19 Veronica Isabel Uquillas Gomez <[hidden email]>
>> Hi Cyrille,
>>
>> it is using:
>>
>> view interaction item: ......
>>

>> On 19 May 2010, at 11:03, Cyrille Delaunay wrote:
>>
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > When I want to view the moose menu by right-clicking on a mondrian element, I have to add this to the script:
>> >
>> >                   view interaction menuMorphBlock: [ :element | element mooseMenuMorph ].
>> >
>> > But, when I also want to have my own specific action:
>> >
>> >                   view item: 'browse code' action: [:element | UIManager default edit: element sourceCode].
>> >
>> > this last one does not appear in the menu.
>> > Is there any way to do that (to have both the moose menu and my own actions in a same frame)?

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Speaking louder won't make the point worthier."

Re: [Mondrian] how to add mooseMenu + my own menu items

Alexandre Bergel
Hi Cyrille,

Please, update Mondrian with its last version. This issue is now fixed.

Cheers,
Alexandre

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu