Mondrian refactorization

Santiago Vidal

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Tudor Girba <[hidden email]>
Date: 2011/5/18
Subject: Re: Mondrian
To: Santiago Vidal <[hidden email]>
Cc: Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]>, Claudia Marcos <[hidden email]>

Hi,

Please let's move this discussion to the moose-dev mailing list. It would be a good documentation of Mondrian.

You can register here:

and send the mail here:

Doru

--
Ing. Santiago A. Vidal
ISISTAN Research Institute

Re: Mondrian refactorization

Tudor Girba
Thanks :).

In MOMorphPainterVisitor>>visitRoot: you do:

each acceptVisitor: (MOMorphPainterVisitor newCanvas:  (aCanvas))

This means that you will create a new instance of the PainterVisitor for each element. This is not good. What you want is to pass 'self' to acceptVisitor:

Cheers,
Doru

On 18 May 2011, at 15:20, Santiago Vidal wrote:

> [...]

www.tudorgirba.com

"From an abstract enough point of view, any two things are similar."

Re: Mondrian refactorization

abergel
> > I indented the methods and removed the 'MO' class prefix from each visit method.
> > I'm not sure about the best way to avoid the creation of a new visitor each time a shape is displayed. Should I save a visitor for each MOGraphElement? The canvas changes each time that a shape is displayed? Can you please tell me what is the cache that I have to moved to the visitor?

I think that the ViewRenderer should provide the cache.

> > On another topic with Claudia we are advising the final work of two student in which we are going to use Moose. Specifically, we will use Moose to compare different versions of an open source system with the goal of identify differences in its modules. I would like to use Moose in my phd thesis too, so this a first approach.

Cool. In which language are they working?

Cheers,
Alexandre

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: Mondrian refactorization