Monitoring spotter

1 message Options

Monitoring spotter

abergel
Hi!

The GT crew recently introduces in Pharo a way to keep track of what people are searching in the system.
This is a highly valuable piece of information that could benefit everybody.

For example, I would love to know which Roassal classes are looking the most often. Or which Roassal examples people are repeatedly searching.

However, this is hard to know currently. The reason is because of anonymity. No strings are stored in what is being sent over. To me, this is _highly counter-productive_: if you are working with sensitive information (I don’t personally), then do not send things over. But enforcing anonymity generate frustration.

So, here is my call:

If you care about letting us improving the tools everybody use, feel free to reveal your identity. Simply send the result of the following expression:

        GTSpotterEventRecorderSettings uniqueInstance secretUUID hash

For me
=> 195966943

Cheers,
Alexandre