Monthly List-Reminder

Karsten Kusche
Dear Admins,

I just noticed that this monthly email that i get from this mailing list includes my password.

Maybe it was a clever idea in the 90s and no-one noticed that it’s enabled (because who really reads this email, i certainly don't), but I’m sure there’s a setting in the mailing-list software to disable sending passwords around.

Kind Regards
Karsten

—

Georg Heeg eK
Wallstraße 22
06366 Köthen

Tel.: 03496/214328
FAX: 03496/214712
Amtsgericht Dortmund HRA 12812

Re: Monthly List-Reminder

Johan Brichau-2
Hi Karsten,

Ditto and thx for the heads-up.

Indeed found that setting in the admin interface and disabled it now!

… which still means these passwords are stored clear text in this software, so people might want to check they definitely are not reusing their bank account password here...

Cheers
Johan

On 1 Apr 2020, at 10:29, Karsten Kusche <[hidden email]> wrote:

Dear Admins,

I just noticed that this monthly email that i get from this mailing list includes my password.

Maybe it was a clever idea in the 90s and no-one noticed that it’s enabled (because who really reads this email, i certainly don't), but I’m sure there’s a setting in the mailing-list software to disable sending passwords around.

Kind Regards
Karsten

—

Georg Heeg eK
Wallstraße 22
06366 Köthen

Tel.: 03496/214328
FAX: 03496/214712
Amtsgericht Dortmund HRA 12812

Re: Monthly List-Reminder

Karsten Kusche

Thanks Johan for taking care of this so quickly!

Karsten

Re: Monthly List-Reminder

Sean Glazier

Good point

On Wed, Apr 1, 2020 at 4:29 AM Karsten Kusche <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear Admins,

I just noticed that this monthly email that i get from this mailing list includes my password.

Maybe it was a clever idea in the 90s and no-one noticed that it’s enabled (because who really reads this email, i certainly don't), but I’m sure there’s a setting in the mailing-list software to disable sending passwords around.

Kind Regards
Karsten

—

Georg Heeg eK