[Monticello] Lots of (source same but rev changed)

[Monticello] Lots of (source same but rev changed)

Damien Cassou-3
Hi,

I had an old version of Seaside2.6b1 in which I modified some
methods. Before commiting them, I merged the changes to get
the newest version (2.6b1-mb.116). But I wanted to see the
changes I made before publishing and a very big list appeared
with lots of "source same but rev changed". Can I still commit
? How to merge to see only my changes when clicking on the
"changes" button ?

Thank you

--
Damien

Accédez au courrier électronique de La Poste
sur www.laposte.net ou sur 3615 LAPOSTENET (0,34€ TTC /mn)
1 Giga de stockage gratuit – Antispam et antivirus intégrés

Re: [Monticello] Lots of (source same but rev changed)

Michel Bany-3

> I had an old version of Seaside2.6b1 in which I modified some
> methods. Before commiting them, I merged the changes to get
> the newest version (2.6b1-mb.116). But I wanted to see the
> changes I made before publishing and a very big list appeared
> with lots of "source same but rev changed". Can I still commit
> ? How to merge to see only my changes when clicking on the
> "changes" button ?

I believe that "source same but rev changed"
usually means that the method has been recategorized.

HTH
Michel.

Re: [Monticello] Lots of (source same but rev changed)

Damien Cassou-3

> > I had an old version of Seaside2.6b1 in which I modified some
> > methods. Before commiting them, I merged the changes to get
> > the newest version (2.6b1-mb.116). But I wanted to see the
> > changes I made before publishing and a very big list appeared
> > with lots of "source same but rev changed". Can I still commit
> > ? How to merge to see only my changes when clicking on the
> > "changes" button ?
> >
> I believe that "source same but rev changed"
> usually means that the method has been recategorized.

I didn't categorized anything. Only added some methods.

Are you merging 2.6b1-mb.116 into your image or the opposite ?

Michel Bany a écrit :

>>> I believe that "source same but rev changed"
>>> usually means that the method has been recategorized.
>>
>> I didn't categorized anything. Only added some methods.
>
> Are you merging 2.6b1-mb.116 into your image or the opposite ?

- I load a version of seaside in my image
- Develop some methods
- Wait a week or two
- Want to publish my methods
- Merge last seaside version in my image
- Click on 'Changes' gives me a lot of "source same but rev changes"

Hope this is clearer, sorry.

Thank you Michel

Re: [Monticello] Lots of (source same but rev changed)

Andreas.Raab
"(source same but rev changed)" means that the method is carrying a
different author/time stamp than before but that the code itself hasn't
changed. This typically happens if you make temporary changes (like
adding a "self halt" and removing it again).

Cheers,
   - Andreas

Damien Cassou wrote:

> Michel Bany a écrit :

>>> I didn't categorized anything. Only added some methods.
>>
>> Are you merging 2.6b1-mb.116 into your image or the opposite ?
>
> - I load a version of seaside in my image
> - Develop some methods
> - Wait a week or two
> - Want to publish my methods
> - Merge last seaside version in my image
> - Click on 'Changes' gives me a lot of "source same but rev changes"
>
> Hope this is clearer, sorry.
>

> Thank you Michel

Re: [Monticello] Lots of (source same but rev changed)

Colin Putney

On Nov 3, 2006, at 9:55 AM, Andreas Raab wrote:

> "(source same but rev changed)" means that the method is carrying a
> different author/time stamp than before but that the code itself
> hasn't changed. This typically happens if you make temporary
> changes (like adding a "self halt" and removing it again).

Yep.

I wonder if there's a bug somewhere though. I've run into this too -
more touched methods than seems warranted for the work I did. It's
only happened with Seaside, and only in some images. I haven't
investigated, but yeah, it's odd.

Colin

Andreas Raab a écrit :
> "(source same but rev changed)" means that the method is carrying a
> different author/time stamp than before but that the code itself hasn't
> changed. This typically happens if you make temporary changes (like
> adding a "self halt" and removing it again).

This is not my case. I only added some methods and didn't touched
anything. I think the method listed are all methods changed between the
version I loaded and the version I merged.

Re: [Monticello] Lots of (source same but rev changed)

Bert Freudenberg
Am 04.11.2006 um 11:36 schrieb Damien Cassou:

> Andreas Raab a écrit :
>> "(source same but rev changed)" means that the method is carrying
>> a different author/time stamp than before but that the code itself
>> hasn't changed. This typically happens if you make temporary
>> changes (like adding a "self halt" and removing it again).
>
> This is not my case. I only added some methods and didn't touched
> anything. I think the method listed are all methods changed between
> the version I loaded and the version I merged.

I once added a more detailed description than "source same but rev
changed" that showed exactly what differs (category, time stamp,
etc). I think the code was ugly so I never submitted it. However, you
can inspect the model of  change list and have a look at the
definitions, so you should see why MC thinks the methods are different.

- Bert -

Re: [Monticello] Lots of (source same but rev changed)

Michel Bany-3

>> Are you merging 2.6b1-mb.116 into your image or the opposite ?
>
> - I load a version of seaside in my image
> - Develop some methods
> - Wait a week or two
> - Want to publish my methods
> - Merge last seaside version in my image
> - Click on 'Changes' gives me a lot of "source same but rev changes"
>
> Hope this is clearer, sorry.

Have you tried the opposite, i.e.
1. From your image, save the Seaside package into the cache say
Seaside2.6b1-dc.nn+1
2. Load the latest Seaside2.6-mb.116 into your image.
3. Merge Seaside2.6b1-dc.nn+1

Best luck,
Michel.

Michel Bany a écrit :

>>> Are you merging 2.6b1-mb.116 into your image or the opposite ?
>>
>> - I load a version of seaside in my image
>> - Develop some methods
>> - Wait a week or two
>> - Want to publish my methods
>> - Merge last seaside version in my image
>> - Click on 'Changes' gives me a lot of "source same but rev changes"
>>
>> Hope this is clearer, sorry.
>
> Have you tried the opposite, i.e.
> 1. From your image, save the Seaside package into the cache say
> Seaside2.6b1-dc.nn+1
> 2. Load the latest Seaside2.6-mb.116 into your image.
> 3. Merge Seaside2.6b1-dc.nn+1

Never think of it this way :-) thank you. However, I still do not
understand why this happened.

Re: [Monticello] Lots of (source same but rev changed)

Damien Cassou-3
It may be a bug in monticello:

- Get last squeak-dev image
(http://damien.cassou.free.fr/squeak-dev/squeak-dev-41.zip)
- Open it
- Load DynamicBindings, KomServices and KomHttpServer from SqueakMap
- Load last Seaside2.7a1-dc.116 in monticello
- Select Seaside in monticello and click 'Changes'

You will get a hundred changes, all with 'source same but rev changed'.

However, it doesn't seem to happen in a plain squeak image. I really do
not understand.

Can somebody help me ?

Thank you

Damien

Am 05.11.2006 um 13:17 schrieb Damien Cassou:

> It may be a bug in monticello:
>
> - Get last squeak-dev image (http://damien.cassou.free.fr/squeak-
> dev/squeak-dev-41.zip)
> - Open it
> - Load DynamicBindings, KomServices and KomHttpServer from SqueakMap
> - Load last Seaside2.7a1-dc.116 in monticello
> - Select Seaside in monticello and click 'Changes'
>
> You will get a hundred changes, all with 'source same but rev
> changed'.
>
> However, it doesn't seem to happen in a plain squeak image. I
> really do not understand.
>
> Can somebody help me ?

Please, as a I suggested a few messages earlier, can you look at the
changes in an inspector? That would show why MC thinks the methods
are different.

- Bert -

Bert Freudenberg a écrit :

> Am 05.11.2006 um 13:17 schrieb Damien Cassou:
>
>> It may be a bug in monticello:
>>
>> - Get last squeak-dev image
>> (http://damien.cassou.free.fr/squeak-dev/squeak-dev-41.zip)
>> - Open it
>> - Load DynamicBindings, KomServices and KomHttpServer from SqueakMap
>> - Load last Seaside2.7a1-dc.116 in monticello
>> - Select Seaside in monticello and click 'Changes'
>>
>> You will get a hundred changes, all with 'source same but rev changed'.
>>
>> However, it doesn't seem to happen in a plain squeak image. I really
>> do not understand.
>>
>> Can somebody help me ?
>
> Please, as a I suggested a few messages earlier, can you look at the
> changes in an inspector? That would show why MC thinks the methods are
> different.

Thank you for this, it seems that AutomaticCategorisation categorize
lots of Seaside method automatically. I will talk to Diego Fernandez
about that.

Thank you very much

--
Damien