Monticello Merge detected conflict

dario trussardi
Hi,

        i need to intercept  conflict for new package before load in a image.

        I work with Pharo 1.4.

        Now the conflict is detected only if the method in the image belongs at the same method category of the relative method in the package.

        For example in my Pharo image i have :

                 CLASS CATEGORY MESSAGE
                ClasseA  *categoriaA description

                                         testCategory test

        and in my loading  package i have:

                ClasseA *categoriaA description

                                        *categoriaA test

        the monticello Merge detect only conflict for description method ( it have the same category )

        It's correct ?

        How i can intercept  the test  method redefinition   before loading the new package ?

        I wrong something ?

        Thanks  for any consideration.

                Dario

Re: Monticello Merge detected conflict

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Dario Trussardi wrote
        Now the conflict is detected only if the method in the image belongs at the same method category of the relative method in the package.
Hi Dario,

There are two different things shown by the merge tool, changes and conflicts.

Conflicts are when something [1] which is changed by the-package-you're-trying-to-merge [2] has also been changed in the image, after [2] was saved. The version history of [1] has branched, and you have to choose which branch to follow.

IIUC, what you're describing is that a method's category has changed between the image [2]. This may or may not be a conflict, but should appear in the changes list on the left side of the merge tool. If you right-click on an item there, you will see options to cherry-pick what gets loaded.

HTH,
Sean
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Monticello Merge detected conflict

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Sean P. DeNigris wrote
There are two different things shown by the merge tool, changes and conflicts...
The behavior I described is on Pharo1.4 Latest update: #14453
Cheers,
Sean