Monticello SmalltalkHub no longer asks for credentials

Monticello SmalltalkHub no longer asks for credentials

Ben Coman
Before logging an issue, can someone confirm that (from a least build
#30545) saving via Monticello to Smalltalkhub does not ask for
credentials, but just fails with MCPermissionDenied?

cheers -ben

Re: Monticello SmalltalkHub no longer asks for credentials

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
btc wrote
Before logging an issue, can someone confirm that (from a least build
#30545) saving via Monticello to Smalltalkhub does not ask for
credentials, but just fails with MCPermissionDenied?
This is a "feature". Before, when the dialog appeared, there was no way to get rid of it. It would just keep coming back, over and over, until you supplied credentials. If the dialog was important to you, please figure out a way to have it easily cancelable for those of us who never use it...
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Monticello SmalltalkHub no longer asks for credentials

Ben Coman
Sean P. DeNigris wrote:
btc wrote

Before logging an issue, can someone confirm that (from a least build
#30545) saving via Monticello to Smalltalkhub does not ask for
credentials, but just fails with MCPermissionDenied?

This is a "feature". Before, when the dialog appeared, there was no way to
get rid of it. It would just keep coming back, over and over, until you
supplied credentials. If the dialog was important to you, please figure out
a way to have it easily cancelable for those of us who never use it...

-----
Cheers,
Sean

As a starting point, can you point me to when this 'feature' :) was introduced?
cheers -ben

Re: Monticello SmalltalkHub no longer asks for credentials

sean this is strange because this morning I used my credentials in oscar image so that he can publish in the inbox
and it failed systematically and I could not understand why. I do not know if this is related

Now the MC permission denied did not help much
On Nov 12, 2013, at 6:17 PM, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:

> btc wrote
>> Before logging an issue, can someone confirm that (from a least build
>> #30545) saving via Monticello to Smalltalkhub does not ask for
>> credentials, but just fails with MCPermissionDenied?
>
> This is a "feature". Before, when the dialog appeared, there was no way to
> get rid of it. It would just keep coming back, over and over, until you
> supplied credentials. If the dialog was important to you, please figure out
> a way to have it easily cancelable for those of us who never use it...
>

> -----
> Cheers,
> Sean

Re: Monticello SmalltalkHub no longer asks for credentials

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Stéphane Ducasse wrote
sean this is strange because this morning I used my credentials
I take back what I said. I think this is a different issue, since it seems to still request in an older 3.0 version, and the change I was talking about I think was in 2.0
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Monticello SmalltalkHub no longer asks for credentials

Stéphane Ducasse
me too
oscar already published some of his packages :)

Stef